Revive AdServer Banner Rotation: US Date Format Showing As UK Date Format

The main page advertiser-index.php date for US has the year at the beginning like this:
2018-02-24

The stats.php page for the client the date for US is showing as UK format with day first, then month, then year like this:
24-02-2018

The advertiser-campaigns.php page is also showing as UK format with day first, then month, then year like this:
24-02-2018

All of these areas should have the date displayed as 02-24-2018

How do we do this, until you get this bug sorted?

Our sponsor are getting confused as to when they need to renew, when they are looking at stats for, etc.

Thank you very much, we really appreciate your support.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, any luck getting us some help with this?

Our last programmer had to edit it every time we upgraded, this has been going on for years, ever since Revive bought OpenX.

Our new programmer doesn't know how to edit it yet, so we need some guidance.

Meanwhile, our sponsors are getting confused by the stats and expiration dates.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any word on the next update guys? 

I'd like to get the code changes to do ourselves, if you are going to take much longer.

Using the UK date format in the US confuses our sponsors, resulting in a loss of revenue. 

Please help us out, we've been very patient.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand fully. Can I please get the data to change the code ourselves, like we had to do a dozen times before with our old programmer?

It's obvious you don't have a priority on the US date format, since you are in the UK.

Can you please help me get this info, I've requested it about a dozen times over the last 6 months with zero reply.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Our programmer says the date format did not change, he says...

mbeccati's instructions are already in place as shown in the attached screenshot from the new version -
https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver/issues/983#issuecomment-400943340

account-preferences-timezone.php is set to America/Los_Angeles - https://www.xxx.com/bmg/www/admin/account-preferences-timezone.php

Unless there should be a new option to select under account-preferences-timezone.php for the change to go into effect?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:52 AM, andrewatfornax said:

Sounds like this is fixed - the issue was a need to change the language, rather than the timezone...

Doesn't seem to be fixed. Language has always been set to English US. 

19 hours ago, andrewatfornax said:

Er, okay, thanks @420, have I misunderstood the comment in https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver/issues/983#issuecomment-501910702 then?

It appears to be resolved in the admin control panel, however you missed updating the email that goes out advising of expiration.

Example for an August expiration email notification

The campaign belonging to XXX shown below is due to end on 01-08-2019.

This should read 08-01-2019 for US format

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 1:35 PM, 420 said:

It appears to be resolved in the admin control panel, however you missed updating the email that goes out advising of expiration.

Example for an August expiration email notification

The campaign belonging to XXX shown below is due to end on 01-08-2019.

This should read 08-01-2019 for US format

Can I get a reply please? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we updated both threads for maximum visibility and action.

Can you please tell us where to edit it for now, until your next release?

With all due respect, we've been reporting this issue for four years now; first three years you guys told us how to fix it every time you updated, the last year you won't tell us and keep saying it will be fixed. Meanwhile, our advertisers get upset from the incorrect dates, accounts expire without proper notice, they lose sales, we lose money and long term relationships, and it's all around bad business. Then you ask us for donations for work that hasn't been completed. :)

Thank you for considering simply telling us where to edit the date format in the email template for now, like you always did before.

Sure, as soon as I figure out where the template is, I'll happily update the GitHub ticket with the details. 

With all due respect back, this is an open source project. Yes, we ask for donations on Patreon, and we are very, very grateful for the members of the community who are willing to support us. We really, really appreciate it. But the current revenue from Patreon means that we no longer have to pay for costs to run the project out of our own pockets, and we get a very small amount of income. It's not like we don't all have other jobs that we have to work to make a living. 

If we could get the community to the point where we make enough from Patreon that we could dedicate most (or all) of our time to the project, that would be fantastic! But we are a long, long way away from that point. So, we do what we can to help the community, when we can.

In the mean time, the source code is open, and we encourage the community to step through the code and improve it themselves, when they can. When they cannot, then unfortunately, like any other open source project, we will gladly assist, when and as we can.

Thanks!

Thank you for doing what you can, we really appreciate it.

As stated a dozen times since June of last year regarding this issue, we'll gladly donate once the issue is resolved :)

Meanwhile, I'll see if our programmer can hire another programmer to figure it out.

I wouldn't imagine it's rocket science; just scan the files and code for buzz words in the email, right?

• 3 months later...

Thank you Andrew, we really appreciate it man. It's been over a year and a half now. When we used to ask OpenX, they simply sent us a quick easy email with a minor code change and we were able to fix it ourselves. For some reason, you guys don't want to give us that data. The issue has been going on for almost a decade.