Targeting Channels

I am looking for some documentation on the targeting channels. I have created a website, zone and the corresponding targeting channel in Revive Adserver 3.0.4. But the delivery limitation that are set in the targeting channel are not getting honoured. If i set the delivery limitation in the banner, it works fine for me. Can someone please point me towards the documentation of targeting channels? 

Thanks,

Neha

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I see it, the setup it quite easy:

1.) create a targeting channel (under "Inventory" => "Targeting Channels") and set up the delivery limitations you want.

2.) add a delivery limitation "Site - Channel" to a banner and select which channel should be used on this banner. (Rules "is any of", "is none of" or "is all of")

But it seems, that there is something not working as intended, because I have the following problems:

1.) sometimes the list of channels to choose is just empty (when adding a "Site - Channel" Delivery Limitation to a banner)

2.) under "My Account" => "Targeting Channel Management" I get the message "There are currently no targeting channels defined", but I have defined several.

Anyone an idea what could be the problem here?

Best,

Dunsti

• 8 months later...

Might it be because the targeting channel zones don't match the banners?

What I mean is: the website channels will only be displayed as options where the website has zones which match the banners already.

(If I understand the process correctly...)

As far as I see it, the setup it quite easy:

1.) create a targeting channel (under "Inventory" => "Targeting Channels") and set up the delivery limitations you want.

2.) add a delivery limitation "Site - Channel" to a banner and select which channel should be used on this banner. (Rules "is any of", "is none of" or "is all of")

But it seems, that there is something not working as intended, because I have the following problems:

1.) sometimes the list of channels to choose is just empty (when adding a "Site - Channel" Delivery Limitation to a banner)

2.) under "My Account" => "Targeting Channel Management" I get the message "There are currently no targeting channels defined", but I have defined several.

Anyone an idea what could be the problem here?

Best,

Dunsti

• 2 weeks later...

Ah ok - I didn't see the website-selectbox on top - ok, that makes sense now.

But one question: Does that mean, I can only use the website-related channels on banners that are linked to a zone of this website?

You can use global targeting channels too. For it go to Preferences->Targeting Channel Management. So these Channels will be able for every website.

Best Regards,