Unable to obtain database-level lock, not running MPE

PicNic

Hi there,

I have a problem with new campains not showing. I enabled debugLog and it says:

Mar 19 11:45:08 +0000 OX-maintenance-5c90d64468913 [     info]  Running Maintenance Priority Engine
                          on line 59 of "/html/openx/lib/OA/Maintenance/Priority.php"
                          on line 34 of "/html/openx/www/admin/run-mpe.php"
Mar 19 11:45:09 +0000 OX-maintenance-5c90d64468913 [    error]  Unable to obtain database-level lock, not running MPE
                           on line 79 of "/html/openx/lib/OA/Maintenance/Priority.php"
                           on line 34 of "/html/openx/www/admin/run-mpe.php"

Running Revive 4.1.4 with PHP 7.0

is more information needed?

Can anyone help?

Thx
PicNic

Edited by PicNic

So ... now, I can describe a bit more the circumstances

I have this campaign:

image.pngfw

Inside this campaign there are two banners. Linked to the zone, are these two banners and one banner from a different, remnant campaign:

image.png

One banner is without delivery rule, and one has a rule that is valid:

image.png

So ... both banners should be displayed, but they dont ... and in debug-log I have this error every time maintenance is running:

Mar 21 09:02:08 +0000 OX-maintenance-5c93530fdb149 [    error]  Unable to obtain database-level lock, not running MPE
                           on line 233 of "/html/openx/lib/OX/Maintenance.php"
                           on line 116 of "/html/openx/lib/OX/Maintenance.php"
                           on line 50 of "/html/openx/scripts/maintenance/maintenance.php"
                           on line 22 of "/html/openx/maintenance/maintenance.php"

or:

Mar 21 08:50:26 +0000 OX-maintenance-5c9350512fde1 [    error]  OA_Maintenance_Auto::run: Unable to obtain database-level lock, not running MPE
                           on line 233 of "/html/openx/lib/OX/Maintenance.php"
                           on line 116 of "/html/openx/lib/OX/Maintenance.php"
                           on line 63 of "/html/openx/lib/OA/Maintenance/Auto.php"
                           on line 3298 of "/html/openx/www/delivery/lg.php"

Maybe this helps you to help me ? 

If you have messages stating that maintenance is complete, there is nothing you should be worrying about. You're using automatic maintenance and concurrent requests will try to trigger it: one will succeed and the others will rigthfully fail. I'd suggest disabling auto-maintenance and setting up scheduled maintenance via cron.

Ah, thanks @Matteo Beccati! I had this on my follow up list, but I can see you have answered. I was thinking about looking into the code re: the database level lock, but I completely missed the fact that this is auto maintenance!

@PicNic, if you use auto maintenance, this is expected behaviour, as multiple banner deliveries are likely to trigger maintenance in parallel - but only one maintenance process is allowed to run at a time. If you move to scheduled maintenance, you should get a much clearer view that maintenance is running correctly, without the other information cluttering the logs.