Mobile ads have been hijacked

Snaggy

Hi @TYWebmaster,

Thanks for this information - can you please confirm if in addition to changing the database user password and Revive Adserver admin login password:

• Did you change all other DB user account passwords that may exist? Are there any DB user accounts present that you don't recognise?
  • Did you change all other Revive Adserver login passwords that may exist? Are there any logins that you don't recognise?
  • Did you change all other O/S level account passwords that may exist? Are there any O/S level accounts present that you don't recognise?

Thanks,

Andrew

10 hours ago, jacopotediosi said:

Someone makes POST requests to /www/delivery/fc.php?zoneid=0&script=bannerTypeText:oxText:genericText&Charset=UTF8&target=blank and is able to adds code to plugins/bannerTypeText/oxText/genericText.delivery.php and to upload backdoor php scripts inside /www/images/
I temporarily solved disabling PHP Engine inside the image folder and adding two lines of code inside fc.php to log POST request.

@jacopotediosi

Please do create a HackerOne report once you have managed to capture the post details!

Thanks,

Andrew

5 minutes ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @TYWebmaster,

Thanks for this information - can you please confirm if in addition to changing the database user password and Revive Adserver admin login password:

• Did you change all other DB user account passwords that may exist? Are there any DB user accounts present that you don't recognise?
  • Did you change all other Revive Adserver login passwords that may exist? Are there any logins that you don't recognise?
  • Did you change all other O/S level account passwords that may exist? Are there any O/S level accounts present that you don't recognise?

Thanks,

Andrew

There is only one DB user account to log into, there is only one Revive  login account all others are deleted. I am using Plesk to manage multiple sites so are you referring to another possible PW to log into PHPmyAdmin?

1 minute ago, TYWebmaster said:

There is only one DB user account to log into, there is only one Revive  login account all others are deleted. I am using Plesk to manage multiple sites so are you referring to another possible PW to log into PHPmyAdmin?

Either that or at the O/S level - but if you are on a hosting service that only offers Plesk access, you may not be able to tell. It would be worth asking your hosting provider to check for unexpected accounts or activity at the O/S level, though, just to be sure.

1 minute ago, andrewatfornax said:

Either that or at the O/S level - but if you are on a hosting service that only offers Plesk access, you may not be able to tell. It would be worth asking your hosting provider to check for unexpected accounts or activity at the O/S level, though, just to be sure.

I will do that, is there anything else you can suggest? Any other ways to possibly block them from injecting the code in the prepend?

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:24 PM, sunech said:

Hello, I've been running adserver for 2 years now. Now all my sites has been hijacked and everytime visited with an iPhone spam banners appears, but only once. I upgraded to the latest version of adserver and everything worked great for a while. But this week it came back again. 
I tried look in genericText.delivery.php but nothing is there. Please help!!!

Beware that they did not also leave a backdoor on your site... I just published a new topic on that subjet. Once a hacker has access to your site like they could have with the security hole in 4.x their possibilities are endless. Check your www/images directory for php files.

T.