Scheduled maintenance issue / no statistics recording

Last night I did some work on my server and had to restart mysql several times. I don't believe that any changes I made would break the maintenance cronjob--I checked and it is running on schedule, but no stats are being recorded. 

I suspect that the cache is somehow corrupted because I may have restarted mysql during a maintenance run. Is there a way for me to flush the cache in case this is the cause? Any ideas about how to get this fixed? Thank you in advance!

Just in case the performance changes I made last night to my.cnf could somehow affect this, here is what I did:

• changed thread_cache_size from 128 to 256

Since I upgraded to MariaDB a couple of months ago I read that these are important for speed, so I added them to the my.cnf:

• host_cache_size=256 (default is 128)
  • aria_pagecache_buffer_size=256M (default is 128)

Here is what I found. My cronjob, which worked fine for years like this:

0 * * * * php -f /home/site/public_html/revivieadserver/maintenance/maintenance.php >/dev/null 2>&1

suddenly, at least to me anyway, needed to be like this:

0 * * * * php -f /home/site/public_html/revivieadserver/maintenance/maintenance.php localhost >/dev/null 2>&1

The mysql restarts may have been just a coincidence, and my server auto-updated and installed a new version of cpanel or something else, but something changes and now I must include "localhost" in the cronjob.

I hope this helps someone else!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, scott001 said:

Here is what I found. My cronjob, which worked fine for years like this:

0 * * * * php -f /home/site/public_html/revivieadserver/maintenance/maintenance.php >/dev/null 2>&1

suddenly, at least to me anyway, needed to be like this:

0 * * * * php -f /home/site/public_html/revivieadserver/maintenance/maintenance.php localhost >/dev/null 2>&1

The mysql restarts may have been just a coincidence, and my server auto-updated and installed a new version of cpanel or something else, but something changes and now I must include "localhost" in the cronjob.

I hope this helps someone else!

Hello, i have problem with statistics too, and i want to ask you - is the cronjob really help you in this situation, and what version of MariaDB you are using?