Additional Tracking (and Targeting) information

plm

Hi

Thank you very much for a fantastic piece of solution, very impressive.

I am rather new to Ad Serving. We plan to activate Revive on a WiFi infrastructure, meaning our main displaying platforms will be the various captive/login portals we are using to control access to network.

In term of tracking information, we are able to capture at minimal at login time:
- User MAC address
- Access Point MAC address (which can be used for geolocation both in reporting and targeting)

We are trying understand what is the optimal way to inject/insert these information, either directly or indirectly (Portal translating the info into one directly understood by Revive, e.g. a group of AP MAC addresses could be considered as a zone), into Revive tracking module (looking at table rv_data_raw_tracker_impression I am sure I can identify fields that could be used).

I would appreciate some guidance, knowing that I plan to capture other kind of demographics info, e.g. via social login.

- Could it be done as is
- Should we go the plugin route
- or ad-hoc development

Eagerly waiting for a direction.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi Erik, hi Andre,

Thank you for your quick answers.

we are currently assessing how to have a basic implementation following the tracking guidelines described in
http://blackriver.to/2014/01/openx-source-revive-adserver-conversion-tracking-tutorial/
We identified some commercial plugins that would enable a perhaps a smarter way to implement tracking/targeting  on network information

Best regards
Pierre