Jump to content

Ads Stopped Showing on IE 11 Using Asynchronous Tag


Recommended Posts

I just recently noticed that IE 11 is blocking banner ads when using the Asynchronous Tag. When switching to the regular JS code it works. I have tested on two computers with the same results. It seems that FireFox and Chrome work properly. I have not tested on earlier versions of IE.

A temporary work-around for me is to use an IE detection script and load the code as needed as per browser conditions.

Any guidance would be appreciated...thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I found out what the problem was...IE 11 (eeeech) determined that all sites were "Local intranet" for some bizarre reason. By default, intranet sites in IE 11 are set to run in compatibility mode ... which I guess is such old tech that it doesn't work with Revive's Asynchronous Tag. My fix was to add the following to the head of our site:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Problem now solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...