HTML5 banners and Revive

jerry2

Hi

Is there any way to add HTML5 banners via Revive or some extension? I got AD that is pure HTML, means I have .html file, .js file and folders IMAGES and CSS... How do I send all this files to Revive and how do I set the click url? Generic HTML banner in latest Revive is missing the Destination URL field somehow... ;-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Seems quiet :(

OK - You have 2 options:
- single-file HTML5 code, like Swiffy conversion (https://developers.google.com/swiffy/), can be added as normal HTML banner using magic macros if needed.
- multiple-files HTML5 which has images, JS, CSS, etc in separate files has to be saved in a directory on a webserver and then added as IFRAME via HTML banner

Edited by peebuste
typos

This does not sound trivial.
Indeed, Revive does not support CDN functionality in no way except a case of a single media file (swf or image file).

So, yes, you have to upload HTML5 banner assets to some CDN (your ad server can act as one, but you will have to use FTP).
I can give you a tip - use relative paths with prefix of magic macro "{url_prefix}" (ex. {url_prefix}/images/background.jpg )

Thank you both. I have come so far to upload all folder of html banner to my server and changed links... Banner works, but.... This doesn't work:

document.getElementById('canvas').addEventListener("click", function () {
window.open(getUriParams.clicktag);
});

Revive seem to change the getUriParams to the link but putting \ before so it reads:

window.open(\'http://ad-server-url/www/delivery/lg.php?bannerid=...

The first \ produces javascript error and there is no banner then ;-( (HTML is made of javascript in page, not <a href> unfortunately.

I changed the getUriParams to

{clickurl}url

The link is ok then to display click url and redirect to my url, but the javascript won't work because of this \ in front of the 'http.

If I could get rid of this it would work... Any ideas why review is changing URL to \ in front? (I know it has to change it to track clicks, but why the \)?

PS - Swiffy seems to be only working if you have .swf to convert it to, this ad was HTML5 from the start, no flash...

But there is no solution to my problem about \ that revive ads by itself on clickTab, I have "solved" the rest uploading everything to my server and changing links (not a solution but a temporary ability to show the banner).

This is the offending function that does prepend \ in my window.open code... Is something wrong with it, because Firefox says error in Javascript so the ad do not show...

// Detect any JavaScript window.open() functions, and prepend the opened URL with our logurl
        $buffer = preg_replace('#window.open\s?\((.*?)\)#i', "window.open(\\\'{logurl}&maxdest=\\\'+$1)", $buffer);

Is it safe to delete the \\\\ in the openx code, if I delete them to

// Detect any JavaScript window.open() functions, and prepend the opened URL with our logurl
        $buffer = preg_replace('#window.open\s?\((.*?)\)#i', "window.open('{logurl}&maxdest='+$1)", $buffer);

Do I need escaping here and why doesn't it work with escape codes?

Anybody, please....

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sirs,

We have long used Revive Ad server to rotate banners on our sites. Usually we use banners SWF or GIF. Today, one of our customer sent us a banner in the HTML5 format.

I tried to find information on the forum, but unfortunately, my English is not very good.

I ask you for a favor - can You tell us:

1. Can we use html5 banners with Revive Ad Server?

2. Is it possible in the basic version of the system? Or maybe we need to buy any additional plug-ins?

Maybe there is a topic on the forum in which these issues have been discussed?

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...