All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Banners+Not+Delivering
  3. Hi I am having issues getting my ad to display .. I have 1 advertiser, 1 banner in one linked zone and for some reason the invocation code that I have inserted into a php template of my wordpress theme only shows the ad IF i am logged in to the administrative area of wordpress ... crazy sounding i know ... i've tried everything from using each of the different invocation codes to uninstalling and reinstalling the ad server .... heres the weird thing the code shows in the source up BUT if I am not logged in to the wordpress admin it displays a 0px height and 0px image as the ad instead of the 728x90 banner i have placed ... you can view this by going to the page: https://www.amtaflorida.org you will see at the top where the log is above the navigation where the ad should display ... if you look at the source it should give you an idea of whats going on ... help i simply cant figure this out and i feel I have tried everything ...
  4. Yes, someone from Revive team. We are in the process to open source our IMS(inventory management system) and would like to integrate with Revive. To do that we would like to chat with Revive team first to see if it is possible.
  5. Thanks a lot! I guess I did not search enough, because I did not find those articles. 😕 Anyway, I have imported the code for the 3 plugins in question and seen from the backend, all seems to be fine. Only at the details of "IAB VAST Video Player Plugin" and "IAB VAST Report Plugin" there is not table at all. (So also not a number in the Group column as a sign of a broken plugin.) But maybe this is normal? Also, the /www/admin/extensions folder and its contents have not been re-created by importing the code … I am not sure if it's really fixed. I did/do not notice any malfunctions, except during update, but I am not using Video ads.
  6. Hi Andrew, thats totally OK with me, I was just confused about some news it went to the latest version...please read this article: https://www.revive-adserver.com/blog/help-us-test-the-upgrade-of-geotargeting-rules-to-geoip2/ I suggest to update it, so there is no confusion about it. Thanks!
  7. Last week
  8. Not sure what you mean by "staff" - do you mean the core Revive Adserver team?
  9. Hi, there, I would like to send a message to staff, how can I do it? I always got the error message like "you are only allowed to send 0 message". regards, -xun
  10. There is no native support for this, no. However, depending on your system, you may be able to mount the S3 Bucket as a filesystem, and point Revive Adserver to that mount point for image storage.
  11. https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Plugins+Incorrectly+Upgraded and https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Plugins+Missing+or+Disabled should cover you here.
  12. Most correct answer, as far as I am concerned: The user that your web service runs as needs permissions to read all directories (and all of the files and sub-directories) of the entire Revive Adserver installation; and The user that your web service runs as needs permission to write to all of the specifically listed directories (and all of the files and sub-directories underneath them). There you go - that's my view on the most correct answer - and you will notice I not said anything about how you should achieve that. This is because I can think of a number of different ways to do this, depending on your operating system and/or preferences about how you manage security. So, while it's the most correct answer, it's of absolutely no help to many (most?) of our users, because they don't have the technical experience needed to set this up. That's why we suggest something rather permissive in our documentation - we don't have time to support every single new user installing the software to get a custom setup that's just right for their security needs. We assume that if you're the kind of user who is concerned about getting the security requirements just right, then you have the capability to tweak the permissions to what your needs are. HTH!
  13. Hi @andrewatfornax I'm just about to upgrade my revive server and in the process i started to go over the file perms and the documentation about it. I must admit after reading the docs and this thread I'm really confused about it. The page https://www.revive-adserver.com/support/upgrading/ tell you to use 777, but here in the thread it is NOT advised at all.(The documentation should really be updated to the correct file permission recommendations and not 777, and I too really dislike to use 777 too because it is dangerous for obvious reasons.). You also say here that you would not recommend anyone to use that permission etc. So I am kindly asking for the benefit of everyone and anyone that uses Revive Adserver if this could be settled once and for all? What is exactly the absolutely correct permissions for files and directories as they clearly should not run on 777 for a vanilla Revive server. Could you please clearly cut this out in the sand what permissions in that should be used for a vanilla/standard installation? For folders permission number? var var/cache var/plugins var/templates_compiled plugins www/admin/plugins www/images and for files permission number? It would be great to have this cleared once and for all. All this contradicting information makes no good for anyone. Not for the Revive community and neither for Revive Adserver as product itself. Thanks a lot in advance. Kind regards AngryWarrior
  14. Hello there. I just updated to 4.2.1 and found a problem while importing plugins using the upgrade wizard, which probably was caused during the previous update. The mistake during the previous update was to enter a path containing ~ as path of the previous installation, and because this failed copying the plugins folder manually. From install.log during this update now, with correct full path given, I found that the wizard was unable to find many files in "/www/admin/extensions/" (most in "/www/admin/extensions/videoReport/") and one specific file "/extensions/bannerTypeText/oxText/genericText.delivery.php" I searched the folders of the old (4.2.0) installation and the new, but both "extensions" folders do not exist at all. According to the log, at the end 3 plugins failed to import correctly: Plugin: openXBannerTypes - Unable to locate XML files Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate XML files Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate XML files However, all plugins are shown now in Admin menu, no errors or warnings here, and Revive 4.2.1 is working fine. Note that we are not using Video ads… but I am sure the plugins installation is not valid. How can I check the consistency and how can I fix this? Should I uninstall the plugins and reinstall them?
  15. Thank you very much for your review. I think I know which "best-know plugin developer" u are talking about! And I say thank you because when I discovered Revive, I also fell in love and then look for plugins to make revive "perfect" and I found that "best-know plugin developer".
  16. Is there any way we can upload banners on Amazon S3 Bucket?
  17. I also tried to remove all modes from sql_mode, still same thing... in fact it kind of made it even worse... as database wouldn't get created, but even if I create database manually, I end up with same 2 tables as before and "Installation failed to create the core tables " message on screen...
  18. It appears to be resolved in the admin control panel, however you missed updating the email that goes out advising of expiration. Example for an August expiration email notification The campaign belonging to XXX shown below is due to end on 01-08-2019. This should read 08-01-2019 for US format
  19. As I stated in my earlier posts, user has sufficient privileges for specific database, I also did try with root with same results( regards to strict mode: I'm using mysql database out of the box (w/ default values): mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'sql_mode'\G; *************************** 1. row *************************** Variable_name: sql_mode Value: ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION 1 row in set (0.00 sec) ERROR: No query specified mysql> I also tried to remove "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES", yet still no luck(
  20. Earlier
  21. Er, okay, thanks @420, have I misunderstood the comment in https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver/issues/983#issuecomment-501910702 then?
  22. Doesn't seem to be fixed. Language has always been set to English US.
  23. Hi @2ge, Unfortunately, the newer GeoIP2 databases are not yet supported in Revive Adserver - we are hoping to release functionality for that in Revive Adserver 5.0, but we're still a little way off that yet. You'll have to stick with the legacy previous versions for now, I'm afraid.
  24. Hi @Dofini, Welcome to the community, and I hope that Revive Adserver helps you out. Unfortunately, I have no experience with using Revive Adserver with Android, nor can I comment on 3rd party plugins - but I hope that the community will be able to help you out here.
  25. Hi guy i want tracker landing page from click banner, i bring tracker code go in landing page of course Conversion counted, But i'm test go to landing page not form click banner , Appear Conversion be done counted Please i need track from click banner only one
  26. I have Load More functionality with ajax scrolling. When I load articles with revive zone, the banners are not being displayed. <div class="text-center leaderboard-img"> <ins data-revive-zoneid="17" data-revive-id="3cc41a52d5a2635354d04f3ad1244461"></ins> <script async src="//betasite.co.uk/integrations/adv/www/delivery/asyncjs.php"></script> </div>
  27. Hello everyone, I'm about to launch an android mobile app, and the only way to re-rent my business is advertising, which I can control myself, because over 95% of my audience uses android. That's how I discovered Revive Adserver. Could anyone please guide me by telling me how to use Revive to monetize my android mobile app ??? Does anyone have information about the reliability of plugins on https://www.reviveadservermod.com/mobile ? I read all the comments on this forum about the broadcast on mobile applications, but I remain confused. I hope that at this date in 2019 I will have a clear solution or an alternative to revive (Sorry to say that here 😌) thank you in advance
  28. Hi guys, I would like to use Geo Targeting in RA 4.2.1 - I am not sure, if GEOIP2 is supported, and how to test it. I tried to download GEOIP legacy file and also GEOIP2 new format, but in RA banner limitations it doesn't show the option to set up GEO targeting. Any clues ? currently using Revive Adserver v4.2.1 running on lighttpd 1.4.45, PHP 7.3.0RC4 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.0.30-MariaDB. MaxMind GeoIP Plugin 1.3.6 downloaded, unpacked, path configured for https://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLite2-Country.tar.gz But still in banner limitations I can not set GEO Please help, is GEO2 supported in 4.2.1 or it is not ? If it is, how to configure it ?
  1. Load more activity