DB version out of sync

I moved my revive server from one AWS server to another. I was running version 5.1.1 on the old, but I installed 5.2.1 on new. Now I'm getting:

You are currently using Revive Adserver v5.2.1 (warning: database is stamped as v5.1.1) running on Apache 2.4.48, PHP 7.4.21 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.30-MariaDB.

It seems to be working fine but the "database is stamped" part is troubling.

Any ideas on how to fix this? (Yes, I know, I should have performed an upgrade instead of a fresh install)

• 2 months later...

440music: I've looked in my configuration file, and I can't find any database-version information in it.

michems: I had updated from 5.0.4 to 5.3.0 thru cPanel's Softaculous package, and it continued, after updating, to think I was running 5.0.4. But when I asked it to update (again), it "noticed" that I was really running 5.3.0. However, the date of installation remained from back in 2016. Today, I've updated from 5.3.0 to 5.3.1 thru Softaculous. The package now agrees that the version is 5.3.1; however, the installation date remains 2016. I have no idea how one might go about fixing this.

• 4 months later...

database version is detected from the database.

don't forget to create a backup of your database before.

you can reset your installation like that if you missed the upgrade:

in var directory:

- delete INSTALLED

- create empty file UPGRADE (if you do this with root, check that webapp can write to this file, e.g. via chaning owner to www-data)

- delete *.log

- delete default.conf.php 

run web-ui and follow the upgrade process

upgrade will fail if you do some of the changes from the upgrade process manually.

Edited by qeepcologne