error messages since update to v4.2.1

Since updating my installation recently, I've been seeing error messages. According to the current installation (while in "Admin" mode):

You are currently using Revive Adserver v4.2.1 running on Apache 2.4.39, PHP 7.0.33 and MySQL 5.6.44-.

When I open an "inventory" account (in "manager" mode), I see the following message:

MESSAGE: Declaration of OA_Admin_UI_Rule_Min::validate($value, $min) should be compatible with HTML_QuickForm_Rule::validate($value)

TYPE: Warning
FILE: /home/purple04/public_html/mathads/lib/OA/Admin/UI/component/rule/Min.php
LINE: 41
DEBUG INFO:

36 function getValidationScript($options = null)
37 {
38 return array('', ""); //return nothing, we use JQuery validate anyway
39 }

41 }

42 ?>

According to the debug log (with the domain's server account being anonymized as "domain"):

RV-5d4db179922a2 [  warning] 
 Declaration of OA_Admin_UI_Rule_Min::validate($value, $min) should be compatible with HTML_QuickForm_Rule::validate($value)
 on line 113 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/max/ErrorHandler.php"
 on line 125 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/RuleRegistry.php"
 on line 125 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/RuleRegistry.php"
 on line 174 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/RuleRegistry.php"
 on line 1797 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php"
 on line 194 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Array.php"
 on line 40 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/OA/Admin/UI/component/ArrayRenderer.php"
 on line 1675 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php"
 on line 300 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/OA/Admin/UI/component/Form.php"
 on line 307 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/lib/OA/Admin/UI/component/Form.php"
 on line 245 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/www/admin/advertiser-edit.php"
 on line 88 of "/home/domain/public_html/adserver/www/admin/advertiser-edit.php"

The lines in the "warning" are always the same, but they're not occurring continuously, so not every ad impression is generating errors... I think...

Any ideas? I don't know if it matters, but I did the update via cPanel's "Softaculous" utility. And ads are indeed being served and logged.

Thank you!

Eliz.

Edit: In poking around GitHub, I see that many files were updated "14 days ago". Does this mean there is a newer version of Revive?

https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver

Edited by stapel_eliz
poked around on github

There's no new version of Revive Adserver at the time of this reply (see https://www.revive-adserver.com/support/requirements/) so the issue to me looks like your PHP being configured to display warning messages in the output. 

Revive Adserver does its best to disable the output of warning messages, but it can't always prevent it, depending on your PHP configuration. Take a look at the PHP documentation and see if you can disable warning message output, and things should work.

The problem turned out to be that my server host hadn't actually updated PHP from version 5-point-somthing, despite my request that they do so (and assurances that they had). When Revive did the update (via cPanel's Softaculous), it asked if it could update the version of PHP but, though I'd said "yes", the update didn't apparently go through.

The solution was to do the update myself.

Thank you!

Eliz.