Passback Waterfall

I have went through the documentation and forums an exhausting amount and cannot find anything about setting up a passback waterfall in Revive which is a very basic and commonly used method of managing advertisers in an ad server. Essentially I want to set up a waterfall where if one advertiser is not filling, it passes onto the next like so:

Top Advertiser -> Second Advertiser -> Third Advertiser -> So on....

I do not see an option to set this up. I see the weight, but I don't want to set weights for the campaigns. I want to set a main and then have it passback down the waterfall until all my impressions are filled. Can someone please assist with this? Thanks!

You might try using the "when no banners in this campaign use banners from that campaign" facility, described here:

http://forum.revive-adserver.com/topic/269-default-banner-for-zone/

Thanks for your response. The problem with this is that then I have to set up each banner as a zone which is not how an ad server is meant to be used. I would literally have to set up 15 zones, 5 advertisers for each of my 3 zones.

• 4 months later...

Hi NickMcCandless,

I think perhaps you're asking about the option that's on the "Advanced" tab for a zone, where you can pass a request through to another zone, if there are no available banners?

This way, you set your "Primary Advertiser(s)" and link their campaigns/banners to the "Primary Zone". If for whatever reason, your primary advertiser(s) don't have any campaigns/banners that will fulfil the request for an impression, then off Revive Adserver will go to the "Secondary Zone" and look there for banners, and so on...

Does that help?