I Get The Message: "you Need To Enable Cookies Before You Can Use Revive Adserver"

alejandrox86

Hi, I'm trying to install revive on a new domain but I get this message at the second step of the installation: "You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver"
Everything is fine, PHP version, permissions ect. I get only that error to fix about the cookies.

I also noticed that my previous installation on a different domain gets the same error message once I try to log-in. I remember I could install it before but now I cannot install it and also log-in.

I also checked with different broswers and clear the cache and cookies but nothing looks working.

I have a VPS with BlueHost.

Can anybody help me?

thanks,

Alessand

• 6 months later...

Hello. I know this thread is old, but I am having the exact same problem and can't figure it out. I tried the last version 3.1 and the 3.2-beta, same issue... tried many browsers, my iPad, turned off all the extensions of my browser (AdBlock, etc).

Where am I supposed to "enable cookies"? Server-side or client-side?

Everything else is correct: permissions, and so on.

Help!

Thank you.

The cookie domain was set up incorrectly on my server.

• 2 months later...

I have problem when I setup revivead on my computer, too
I get this message " You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver " , but I checked my browser "it's not disable cookie" . I had to try other browser and I get same result .

I use verison 3.2.0

Pls, help me to find out.

Thanks .

Mr2b

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Dave Brain, 

I have successfully installed the scrip to my server, and it's working well in last days. 
But now suddenly i have this (You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver) error message, when tried to login! 
Also tried your solution, but still i have the same Error, even when i tried with wrong access the error message remains same, i don't know why?  
FYI, My browser cookies is enabled! 
Note: On this file path: www/admin/lib-sessions.inc.php i didn't see "function phpAds_SessionSetAdminCookie($name, $value)"  in my ads script version 3.0.5. Please help to sort out this issue 

Thanks in advance, 
Jeeva.

Edited by Jeeva
Typos on my text