Where is the signup page - Confused

BluePlanet

I looked over the docs and stuff. I installed it. Thanks for having a free ad server program available.

However, I was not expecting a little login page. I expected there would be a page displaying that had options for advertiser and website signups with a link at the bottom for the administrator login. 

So people get to the login page which offers no signup or any information, and then WHAT DO THEY DO?

Seriously confused.

• 5 years later...
On 12/2/2018 at 5:21 AM, andrewatfornax said:

It's an application for web publishers to manage their inventory - not to offer a self-service sales method

Six years later -- It can't simply be that or what would be the point of having features for advertisers, agents and publishers? It may have started life that way but now it is a powerful but unfinished advertising service backbone.

I think it is because of its complexity and the relative inaccessibility of good technical information that Revive/OpenX isn't as ubiquitous in its space as say WordPress in blogging. Even WordPress plugin makers seem to shun this application as compared to say integrating with a FOSS LMS like Moodle.

This scarcity leads to situations like people charging $100 for a login set up for advertisers. I imagine there's some obstinacy involved somewhere but I doubt OpenX (FOSS) would have crumbled if it had simplified commercial usage for website owners. But maybe that's how it is. It could be that really large commercial publishers like the NY Times have expensive customizations running side by side with AdSense set up (because Google sucked the air out of the segment). And that's it!

Edited by Starapple
Fix typos.