How to serve responsive linkblocks from AdSense?

Sperber

Hi there,

I am trying to serve responsive linkblocks from AdSense and could need some help on setting it up in Revive. I want to deliver the linkblock without any dimension preset by Revive, so AdSense can determine how far to expand the linkblock. As I have found out by now is, that zones can be set up with a "x" for width and height. How can I now setup a banner without a predeterminated dimension value? 

All in all: I want Revive to just put the pure unaltered AdSense code into the source of the website without any dimension values. How can I achieve this with Revive? (Of course I know that the AdSense code can be inserted directly into the website - but for some reasons I need them to be delivered by Revive.)

Help appreciated.

Regards, Chris.

Duh.., these are bad news. In times where responsive ads have become crucial (guess we all are - at least - backfilling from ad-networks), is there any workaround? Even a quick and dirty one - I´ld be fine with that. Meanwhile we serve responsive ads for over 85 % and most requests to advertise with us are for responsive ads - so this has becomes more and more critical. On the other hand it seems to be the breaking point for other webmasters to utilize Revive on their seites, as I found out in the past. 

From a dev-view: is it that hard to include a new preset "Responsive" without dimension settings?

I´m not sure if it´s allowed to ask for here in the forums - if not, please give me a hint. But to be able to serve responsive ads is a breaking point. For that reason I would even pay a developer or coder, to implement the needed changes for us. If there is anyone out there who is capable of and interested, please drop me a note and include a quote, please.

Edited by Sperber

Hi @Sperber,

I think we have discussed a workaround a few times on the forums, where you perform detection of the required banner size, and then call the appropriate zone to load the required initial size required. After that, if the banner wants to resize, based on changes to the screen size, that would be up to the banner to perform.

The core development team are looking at HTML5 banner support at the moment, which may go some way towards addressing what you are looking for, I suspect. The best way you could help the project from a financial point of view would be to sign up to our Patreon page, to help us spend more time on the project. Thanks!

• 11 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 4:02 AM, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @Sperber,

"you perform detection of the required banner size, and then call the appropriate zone to load the required initial size required. After that, if the banner wants to resize, based on changes to the screen size, that would be up to the banner to perform."

Can you please advise on how exactly to do this? Or atleast share a link to the discussion...