Upgrade OpenX Source 2.8 to Revive Adserver 4.0

I tried to upgrade an OpenX Source 2.8 install to Revive Adserver 4.0 and I followed the steps here: https://www.revive-adserver.com/support/upgrading/

But when I run the upgrade wizard it starts a fresh install. I assume I missed something significant but have no clue what.

The images are stored in a directory outside OpenX / Revive Adserver

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Erik Geurts
Corrected product name spelling

It probably means that you're running the upgrade on a different domain/address than the existing installation. That means it can not recognize the config file because it's trying to match that to the domain/address.

The other reason can be that the upgrade wizard (i.e. Apache) can't see the config file(s) you copied because of ownership issues.

Thanks Erik.

Well in fact my OpenX Source install is on the subdomain openx.automotiveit.eu (which points to automotiveit.eu/openx) and the Revive Adserver is at adserver.automotive-it.eu (which points to automotiveit.eu/_adserver

How can I make the upgrade in this scenario? Hope there is a simple way. But I could also switch the Revive Adserver directory or domain if required.

Ok I started again from scratch and now I get these error on running the upgrade wizzard:

Errors were found when detecting previous installations of Revive Adserver

MDB2 Error: not found

application

- Openads configuration file detected

- Could not connect to the database : d0241b49

I have double checked the DB login data in the configuration file and they are correct. I don´t understand really the other errors.

Any ideas?

Hi Erik,

would be great because the client´s hoster deactivates PHP 5.3 on December 12th which is currently required to run OpenX Source v2.8

If you have an idea how to run OpenX Source v2.8 on a newer PHP version I´d be glad to get your advice. That would take the timing stress out of the situation.

Thanks
Michael