Revive Adserver 3.1.0 changed root directory but get this...

aidangig

Hey,

I was trying to change the root directory for revive-adserver 3.1.0., and I did. I went under the admin. And changed the ad server URL deliveries to the new directory, but it get an error message everytime I login.

Error says "Error: File permission errors detected."

Is this normal? How can I remove this? It serves the ads fine, but will they track properly?

In the var directory for revive you will find a file called mydomain.com.conf.php where "mydomain.com" will be your domain name.

This file must be writable by the webserver in order to change the settings via the revive admin.

If your webserver is running as user nobody, then the file will need '666'

If your webserver is running as the account owner, the default 644 should be fine.

You could also edit this file using nano from a shell if you feel confident. Always make a backup of any file before you change it just in case...

The developer recommends that the config file be set so that it is not writable by the webserver after you have finished making your changes for security reasons. Check the install guide for details...

Edited by vicos

In the var directory for revive you will find a file called mydomain.com.conf.php where "mydomain.com" will be your domain name.

This file must be writable by the webserver in order to change the settings via the revive admin.

If your webserver is running as user nobody, then the file will need '666'

If your webserver is running as the account owner, the default 644 should be fine.

You could also edit this file using nano from a shell if you feel confident. Always make a backup of any file before you change it just in case...

The developer recommends that the config file be set so that it is not writable by the webserver after you have finished making your changes for security reasons. Check the install guide for details...

Sorry. Still gives me the same error once you login as a regular user. What do I do now?