Adding Adsense To Revive And/or Website

I applied for an adsense account and added the adcode from adsense to revive then generated the invocation code from revive and added to the zone I would like the ad to show. How is google ad sense be able to verify ad code. Seems they want it to be pasted into the website versus Revive saying to post it in the ad server(revive). I  see as if these should be two steps

1) post the ad code in website

2)Serve the ads from Revive

Basically, I am not following the process right.

The basic instructions given by AdSense are indeed to just take the code the generate for you and put it directly into the source code of your website.

However, an ad server such as Revive Adserver can also be used to do that. The steps you described are exactly right.

The ad server will "deliver" the AdSense tag to the browser. The browser will then execute the AdSense code and while doing so, it will be able to determine the domain of your actual site and then also crawl the page to determine what the content is. AdSense will then attempt to find a suitable and relevant advertisement and display it on your site.

Think of Revive Adserver as the vehicle transporting the AdSense code to your site and into the visitor's browser.

If it can be avoided, don't use the iframe invocation code for the zone, but rather use the javascript invocation code.

• 2 weeks later...

The basic instructions given by AdSense are indeed to just take the code the generate for you and put it directly into the source code of your website.

However, an ad server such as Revive Adserver can also be used to do that. The steps you described are exactly right.

The ad server will "deliver" the AdSense tag to the browser. The browser will then execute the AdSense code and while doing so, it will be able to determine the domain of your actual site and then also crawl the page to determine what the content is. AdSense will then attempt to find a suitable and relevant advertisement and display it on your site.

Think of Revive Adserver as the vehicle transporting the AdSense code to your site and into the visitor's browser.

If it can be avoided, don't use the iframe invocation code for the zone, but rather use the javascript invocation code.

Hi Erik, 

I followed the process to set up Adsense campaigns on Revive Adserver. The campaigns are already running on the web, but we're experiencing some issues. Revive doesn't seem to show the clicks.

I've checked the Adsense account of our client and they're registering clicks that we aren't seeing on our statistics page. 

I've seen other comments in the forum talking about this issue, but there isn't a clear answer.

I hope you can give me a hand with this. 

Many thanks

Best

Jonc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Erik,

I'm a colleague of Jonc. We have a doubt:

It's possible to link AdSense account with Revive AdServer with the objective to get clicks and incomes? If it's possible, you can explain me, please.

We have three sources (AdServer, AdSense and AdMob) of income and we need to centralize the data.

I hope you can help us.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Andrés