Will Deleting A Zone Also Delete The Statistics For That Zone?

I assume deleting a banner removes the banner stats and deleting an advertizer or a campaign would remove the advertiser or campaign stats, but does the same hold true for websites and zones?

I need to cut down the database size and have some irrelevant/obsolete zones that I could trim.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, when you delete a zone, all the statistics associated with that zone will also be deleted.

This also means that all statistics associated with any of the banners that have ever been delivered through that zone will also be deleted.

In general, I would recommend that you never delete anything. Storage space is virtually free these days anyway.

Hello, Erik...hope you've been well.

To confirm something...if I have Banner "A" running in zones #1, #2, and #3 and I delete zone #3, will I lose all Banner A statistics for zones #1 and #2 as well?

In the same senario, if I had Banner A running in all three zones in 2007 and quit running it in Zone #3 in 2008 but kept running it in Zones #1 and #2 through 2015, if I delete zone #3, will I lose all Banner A statistics for zones #1 and #2...2008-2015?  Or just for 2007?

Thank you!

In your first example, if you delete zone 3, then the stats for zone 3 and thus the stats for any banner delivered via zone 3 will also be deleted. The statistics for zones 1 and 2 will not be touched.

Example 2 is to complex to understand even after reading multiple times.

In general, I would recommend that you never delete anything. Storage space is virtually free these days anyway.

Thank you, Erik.  I believe you answered both of my question with your answer to the first question.

I am ok losing all statisitcs for a deleted zone.  We have some zones that have been inoperative for several years.  Your initial reply had me concerned that I would lose all statictics for any banner that was ever run through that zone - including that banner's results in other zones.

We have some banners that were run in the zones being considered for deletion, but they were also run in several other zones.  I want to keep all the other data.

Please also be aware that when you delete a zone or a banner, the process of deleting the associated statistics can take a long time, and it may lock the database table(s) for all that time. As such, this might impact the correct operation of your regular ad serving. I personally recommend my customers to never delete any data.

Understood. Erik.  I will take the site offline and perform maintenance at night.

The fact that the database is too large to back-up leaves me with very few options.  I also cannot even upgrade safely without first performing a back-up.

Love the new version, btw.  I did an install over the holidays and it went very smoothly.

Thank you!

• 11 months later...

Hi Erik.

But if you never delete any data, then database size will be bigger, and bigger each year.

In my case, database size is 1,7Gb (data since 2013).

This database size, generate more work for the revive-adserver?

It could be slower revive-adserver due a database size?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...