Scheduled Maintenence Failing With Memory Error

moz1966

I run the maintenence script every hour, but every day the midnight run fails with the following message:

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes)
 in [my homedir path]/lib/pear/XML/RPC.php on line 2005

I assume the email report run has something to do with it, though the emails are sucessfully sent.  I have raised the value of memory_limit in php.ini to 256M, but still this exact message occurs.

Can anyone help?

The maintenance script is trying to utilize 135 MB of memory, but it's failing due to the PHP memory limit being too low. You need to increase the PHP memory limit at the server level and restart Apache for the changes to apply. Some hosting providers don't allow you to add your own custom php.ini and make changes to it, so you may need to contact your hosting provider and have them increase the limit for you if you are hosting your revive on shared hosting.

I managed to up the memory limit by changing the hardcoded lilmit in memory.php...  but I am still getting the error (albeit with the higher memory limit in the error and a different line number).  It now says:

Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes)
 in [my homedir path]/lib/pear/XML/RPC.php on line 2005

Should the maintenence task really be using 256M of memory, especially as it is a beta test site with about 5 test ads on it and little in the way of impressions/clicks? 

• 5 months later...

Im also having this problem. Isnt the limit of php memory 256 mb? So revive its trying to allocate more? Also there is no sense about reserving so much menory to a simple task. I also has just about 10 ads. The problem started since I started using video in line ads. May this be the problem?

thank you