I am quite new to the world of online advertising. I have been investigating Revive and frankly I'm a bit lost with all the different campaign types.
The requirements I need to meet are:
1. Simple, text-based ads, to be shown on a mobile phone, retrieved via the Revive API. (e.g. custom Android app, call Revive API to retrieve ad text)
2. Be able to manage campaigns based on a start and end date.
3. Be able to have multiple banners within a campaign, and show these either in a round-robin fashion or based on a weight/priority.
4. Be able to track if a "user" has seen the banner before - I can identify users based on a unique ID which I can pass to Revive.
I have the following questions:
1. Which campaign type is the best for these simple requirements? I have tentatively looked at the remnant campaign.
2. Is there any documentation available for the API? I see lots of OpenX documentation but I'm unsure if this is relevant for Revive.
3. Can the API only be accessed via XML/RPC?
4. Can I drive the creation of these campaigns via the API?
Thank you in advance for any help
Kind regards, Will