I figured it out. It was showing up in the logs. It was just after the Maintenance task... I just had to look closer... it said unwritable file which was revive/plugin
I set all you listed above to 777 and no more error message!
Thanks for dealing with this. You guys are great and deal with a lot of slack from us amateurs! Kudos to ya!
This is still the case. However, I can assure you, the core team are not stubborn people (well, okay, maybe sometimes!). Rather, we are just people who need to eat. We have jobs, and we have to spend time at those jobs, so that we can eat.
However, there is good news! You can help us to spend less time at our jobs, so that we can both eat, and spend more time working on the project - which means that (if we can get enough people helping out as well), we will be glad to implement these kind of new features!
Help us out here: https://www.patreon.com/revive_adserver