Jump to content

Upgraded From Openx To Revive But It's Not Pulling Data From Existing Db


skuba

Recommended Posts

Hi, I had to upgrade from Open Ads and followed all instructions. Everything went fine, but it's not pulling data from the DB. I see all tables there, but on Revive there are no campaigns, banners, etc...

 

I followed the instructions by copying all tables from the OA database into a brand new Revive db. I changed the original conf.php file and put on the root of the new adserver folder, where I also put all files. During installation I again pointed to the new DB.

 

Does anybody know what could be going wrong?

 

Thanks

 

PS: Could this be an issue because my Open Ads was an older version, my tables prefixes are from the time it was phpabds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I started everything again from scratch. I think the problem with the previous upgrade was that during the upgrade wizard STEP 2 the advanced settings are collapsed and the default database prefix is rv_. So now on this fresh install, I changed the prefix to phpads_ as that's what it is on my existing openx database.

 

But it won't let me get through this step, throwing this error:

 

 

 

Your database contains an old OpenX configuration table: phpads_preferences. If you are trying to upgrade this database, please copy your existing configuration file into the var folder of this install. If you wish to proceed with a fresh installation, please either choose a new Table Prefix or a new Database.

 

This step (choosing the prefix) is not mentioned on the upgrade instructions at all. The instructions do say "don't copy the conf file into the var folder" so why is the error telling me to do it? I don't want a fresh install, by goal is to upgrade from OpenX to Revive.

 

I would really appreciate if someone can help. Thanks you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, all there is so much spam on this forum, I had to bump my thread up. Still trying to get help with this issue. 

 

Just to add to my issue:

 

I manually changed the prefix setting on the conf file to phpads_, but now I am getting errors when revive tries to access DB.

 

 

 

An error occurred while accessing the database

Due to a problem with the database Revive Adserver couldn't retrieve or store data. If this problem is reproducable it might be caused by a bug in Revive Adserver. Please report the following information to the creators of Revive Adserver. Also try to describe the actions that led to this error as clearly as possible.

Version:    Revive Adserver v3.0.3 PHP/DB: PHP 5.3.28 / MySQL 5.5.36-cll Page: /oa10/www/admin/advertiser-index.php Error: Unknown column 'type' in 'field list' Query: SELECT clientname , an_adnetwork_id , type , clientid
FROM phpads_clients

WHERE ( type = '0' ) AND ( phpads_clients.agencyid = 1 )


ORDER BY (type=0) ASC , clientname ASC $_POST: Empty $_GET: Empty

 

 

Can someone please help? I much appreciate.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the instructions tell you to copy the old conf file over to the new var folder.

 

You are right. The warning was to not upload on the /adserver.

 

It seems to be working now but I had to move my images/ contents to the new folder.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...