Jump to content

Not sure if upgrade worked properly


Recommended Posts

My revive is installed on a dedicated domain at the root level. It was time to migrate to a newer server, so took the opportunity to upgrade Revive from 3.2.1 to 4.1.4. 

The upgrade completed, but with some errors, all involving plug-ins. Before I show the errors, a note about the upgrade process. Since your instructions are set up for revive being in a folder and not at the root, I just did it this way:

-- Setup new clean domain 
-- Created database and imported data
-- Did not copy all files over, just the ones I thought were unique:
--- banner images
--- config files
--- plugins folder

I didn't realize there were some plug-in files in /www/admin, so none of those got copied.

So, the install completes, but says there are errors and says it is ok to proceed. I login and everything looks OK. So, here a few of the key errors. They most involve Plugin: openXVideoAds

Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: 

One immediate problem is that there is NO www/admin/extensions on the old server. But, there is a www/admin/plugins folder where the respective file is located. So, even if I had copied the www/admin/plugins files to the new server, the script still would have an error, I guess?!

Anyway, there is NO showing in the admin control panel under plugins. 

Finally, it complains:

#! openXDeliveryLog(): Problems found with components in group oxDeliveryDataPrepare.  The openXDeliveryLog plugin has been disabled.  Go to the Configuration->Plugins page for details 
#! openXDeliveryLog(): Task failed _verifyDataObjects

But, when I look in the admin CP under Plugins, I see Banner Delivery Logging Plugin enabled. This is the only plugin on the new system that has the same version (1.1.2) as the old system. All other plugins have a newer version.

Bottom Line: is there a problem, or I am safe to proceed with using the new install?

Appreciate you insights!

I confirmed that all of the standard Plugins are there (the same ones as on the old server)

Also ran thru the troubleshooting at: https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Plugins+Incorrectly+Upgraded

and it all looks good. I would feel better if that plugin had a newer version number so I knew for sure.

Edited by vicos
added Plugin version #
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Solved my own problem.

Basically it worked the first time, but it left a lot of old crap in the plugins folder.

I just started fresh and did NOT upload the old plugins folder. The install failed to install any plugins. So, I just did InstallNewPlugin-->Import Code Only

and I think we have a nice clean install with the old data/config.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...