No Ads After Upgrade - Unsupported Operands?

I just upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.2.1. After the upgrade, I ran into errors with my plugins—xmls not found or something similar—so I reloaded all the default plugins from the 3.2.1 download folder using  the Import (Code Only) option, and all seemed to be well.

That may or may not have bearing on the problem I'm seeing now, but that's the only hitch I noticed with the upgrade.

Currently, no ads are displaying, and my page is kicking out this error message:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Which traces to this, generated by spc.php:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Unsupported operand types in <b>/home/rchseagl/public_html/adserver/www/delivery/spc.php</b> on line <b>3810</b><br />
So it seems like it was trying to send me a message that wasn't coming across. Line 3810 in spc.php begins this chunk of code:
$aZoneLinkedAdInfos += $aZoneInfo;
$aLinkedAd = _adSelectCommon($aZoneLinkedAdInfos, $context, $source, $richMedia);
if (is_array($aLinkedAd)) {
$aLinkedAd['zoneid'] = $zoneId;
$aLinkedAd['bannerid'] = $aLinkedAd['ad_id'];
$aLinkedAd['storagetype'] = $aLinkedAd['type'];
$aLinkedAd['campaignid'] = $aLinkedAd['placement_id'];
$aLinkedAd['zone_companion'] = $aZoneLinkedAdInfos['zone_companion'];
$aLinkedAd['block_zone'] = @$aZoneInfo['block_zone'];
$aLinkedAd['cap_zone'] = @$aZoneInfo['cap_zone'];
[etc.]
which seems to have something to do with connecting ads to zones? Processing invocation codes? I'm not sure. Just for kicks, I regenerated my invocation codes, and replaced the ones on the front page of my site, at least. But it seems to have made no difference, and the same error appeared.

Anything I can do to clear this up?

Thanks!!

• 9 months later...

hi, we started to see same problem in last few weeks (cannot find exact start point)

same error text, same file, same line. it happend few times a day. each time we have performance drop

due to php module crash. (segfaults in apache error_log)

we run revived 3.2.1, apache 2.4.20, php 5.6.21, mysql 5.6.30.

what info is needed to start debug this problem. i may be limited as this is busy production server.

hi, we did successful upgrade to 3.2.4, but PHP fatal errors persists, just change line number:

PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /webroot_data/rads3.2.4/www/delivery/spc.php on line 3822

after we get some random amount of this errors, we see lot apache crashed processes, and new processes are started, but performance suffers,
for minute-two.

what info i can fetch to help solve this problem? (i would like to run gdb on php, but that is quite impossible on busy server)
for now i cannot find pattern when this PHP errors are triggered.

• 7 years later...

Hi,

Same problem for me.
I reported it here once but haven't been able to fix the problem yet.

Info: Since I had forgotten my password for the forum, but a new password was not sent to me when I requested it, I had to set up a new access.

Today I updated to v 3.05, same problem. If only I knew where the problem was!

Greetings - Jaime

Hi,

from v.3.05 to v.3.2.5 all updates with the same problem 😞

Now in v.3.2.5

PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /.../www/revive/www/delivery/spc.php on line 3822

and on this line: $aZoneLinkedAdInfos += $aZoneInfo;

Now in v.4.0.0, only other line

PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /.../www/revive/www/delivery/spc.php on line 3834,

Or is there an error in my settings? But where?

Greetings - Jaime

Edited by Jaimee

Hi,

Hours later I tried to update v.4.02 to 4.1.0. Now suddenly something is wrong? The update reports immediately during the check

Errors were found when detecting previous installations of Revive Adserver
We have detected integrity issues with your database. This means that the layout of your database differs from what we expect it to be. This could be due to customization of your database.

However, no changes were made by me in the database.

Additional message Check name

application

- database integrity check detected problems with the database

- 1 fields to change

That was probably it with the attempt to bring the old database up to date bit by bit. A pity.

Bye Jaime

Hi,

Today I reinstalled v 4.1.0, the database was not taken over. A few data created and there is no delivery! The error message again, just a different line in the script

Unsupported operand types in /.../www/delivery/spc.php on line 3852

My system:

Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/5.6.30 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3

I probably won't be able to work with Revive locally and will probably stop trying again.

Bye Jaime

On 12/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, Jaimee said:

database integrity check detected problems with the database

Hi,

With the same database from version 3.0.1 I was able to import all updates up to and including 4.0.2. I'm failing with the update to version 4.1.0. I find the note in the install.log

successfully initialised DB Upgrade
verifying/creating constructive tasklist
checking field: ox462_campaigns min_impressions
found field min_impressions
#! database integrity check detected problems with the database
#! 1 fields to change

But I don't understand how I can fix the problem

Bye - Jaime