Banners Not Showing

Hello team,

I am a newbie using revive, just installed it yesterday. The problem is that I can not get banners displayed, if I use a text only banner probability is 100%, but if we use image banner probability changes to 5%, if we use image and text in same campaing probability is 5% for each. I tried using Remant, contract, etc, but no luck. We did everything as it is in the manual and I have not any luck.

Any clues? I can give you the address of my site revives

Best regards

:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've also just (a week ago) installed revive and I'm also suffering from the 5% nightmare which causes banners not to show up. (interestingly you can't search for '5%' in the forums and a '5% topic' maybe worth pinning as it doen't seem to want to go away)

While I have read a few threads about this problem, it does strike me that there is an underlying issue somewhere.  As examples:

With one website, one campaign (contract) and one banner, no matter what I did the probability did not go above 5%.  I did read later in the forum that a remnant campaign would give me 100% (and it did), this was far from intuitive.

With two advertisers, two websites (one advertiser per site) , two campaigns (one site per campaign - one as above the other contract), and three banners, the three banners in the contarct campaign would not shift above 5% probability no matter what I did.  And then I logged in the day after and overnight 2 of the banners were showing 100% probability and the other still won't shift above 5%

I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating and time consuming it is/was to get banners showing up and based on my experience so far i can well imagine that there are many people who just gave up trying to get banners to show and have written off revive as 'too difficult' or 'poor open source' - and that's quite sad.

I understand how valuable time is but maybe updating the docs with useful explanations as to how Revive calulates probability and things to try when banners don't show up will help others in my situation.  I wish i had more time to contribute but it looks like I'm going to have to run everything as a remnant until there is better documentation which will help a n00b understand the nuances and power of revive.

Also I have read:

http://forum.revive-adserver.com/topic/303-probability-shown-5-even-with-one-campaign-and-one-banner/

thanks

• 2 months later...

I seem to have everything right on creating my first test banner,

It tells me this " Banners should now appear on your website "   They don't 
Agoda box 9 100.00% (100.00% of 100.00%)1 Limitations No limitations Show banner

I think I have done as i should with the website invocation code., I have put in the ( Header script ) in main page , I have tried ( Ad script ) in header, footer and main page but nothing shows anywhere.  I using "osclass  free property website".

I have put a few scripts in hotel booking boxes , but really  the idea of using Revive on this and other websites.

My coding knowledge basic to say the least.

Anyone had similar?    

I seem to have everything right on creating my first test banner,

It tells me this " Banners should now appear on your website "   They don't 

Agoda box 9 100.00% (100.00% of 100.00%)1 Limitations No limitations Show banner

I think I have done as i should with the website invocation code., I have put in the ( Header script ) in main page , I have tried ( Ad script ) in header, footer and main page but nothing shows anywhere.  I using "osclass  free property website".

I have put a few scripts in hotel booking boxes , but really  the idea of using Revive on this and other websites.

My coding knowledge basic to say the least.

Anyone had similar?    

This has now been resolved I went through the stages on this  http://www.openxtips.com/2009/06/tip-14-troubleshooting-banner-delivery/   and it was my ad blocker when i disabled it the banners showed straight away. ;-( 

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...