User Agent Limitations Not Working

Hi everyone,

I'm configuring a banner to be displayed only for iphones. This is what I'm using on my Delivery Limitations:

Client useragent is equal to Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53

OR

Client useragent Contains iPhone (just in case the parameter above does not work).

I've waited for a whole day and could not see the banner at all. I also tried to use one parameter at a time, but it didn't work also.

Hi Andrew,

I followed your hint, and they're the same. Of course, there are other iPhone user agents in there, but at least the one i'm using shows up in the log. 

But even if there was a problem with that one in particular, shouldn't the criterion "contains iPhone" make up for that?

When you access a page on your webserver from the iPhone you are testing with, have you inspected the useragent details in your webserver log file (you may need to increase the logging level) to see what useragent is actually being passed through to Revive Adserver?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Same situation as above, configuring banners to display on iphone. User agent is equal to:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13A452 Safari/601.1

The banners are not showing on iphone at all. And I've upgraded to the latest revive-adserver-3.2.2. Any suggestions? And I checked off "extract the viewer's operating system and web browser info using phpSniff." Still Nothing?

Thanks!