One Adserver, Multiple Ad Domains

I would like to white label our adserving environment.  Is it possible to have 1 AdServer serve ad requests for multiple domains?  For example, 1 adserver would serve and return ad tags for ads.domaina.com and ads.domainb.com.  Where the ad expansions and clicks look like the white label domains.  Can this be done with multiple configurations?

Yes! Revive Adserver can do a number of things with multiple domains:

1. You can have multiple, but completely independent installations running out of one code base (but with different databases); or more commonly (and usefully)

2. You can have one installation running, but deliver the UI and/or banners on different domains.

Thank you.  How would I do #2?  Specifically I need the conversion tracking and click-through URL to be 2 domains?  When the Ad tag is www.a.com, the click through and conversion tracking should also be www.a.com.  Same if I have a tag for www.b.com. 

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't see any docs. describing this process, (how to permit multiple partners to badge, or wrap, a revive installation within their own site, or iframe maybe?). I'm thinking it might have to do with suppressing headers and so forth, but I'm groping in the dark a bit here. Any chance of a hint or two...? 

1. You can have multiple, but completely independent installations running out of one code base (but with different databases); or more commonly (and usefully)

2. You can have one installation running, but deliver the UI and/or banners on different domains.

Thank you.  How would I do #2?  Specifically I need the conversion tracking and click-through URL to be 2 domains?  When the Ad tag is www.a.com, the click through and conversion tracking should also be www.a.com.  Same if I have a tag for www.b.com. 

Hmmm, this is a third, but more complex need that I wasn't originally thinking of!

The issue here is that Revive Adserver only has the concept of one set of URLs to use, so, to make something like this work, you'd have to have one install set up, with two completely different sets of URLs for the UI and delivery, and then make sure that you log into the correct UI to generate invocation tags.

But, in theory, I think this would work:

http://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Managing+Configuration+Files

Please let me know if not, I may have mis-remembered the ordering of the config file entries...

• 3 weeks later...

2. is exactly what we needed, thanks for the tip. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi, I tried to use this but it doesn't work :

I create a subdomain.mydomain.com.conf.php with this code inside :

;<?php exit; ?>
;*** DO NOT REMOVE THE LINE ABOVE ***
realConfig="ad.myadserver.com"
[webpath]
admin="subdomain.mydomain.com/www/admin"
delivery="subdomain.mydomain.com/www/delivery"
deliverySSL="subdomain.mydomain.com/www/delivery"
images="subdomain.mydomain.com/www/images"
imagesSSL="subdomain.mydomain.com/www/images"

But I don't have any ad when I put the tag code with the new subdomain. The subdomain alias is working fine.

How can I do please ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I resolved the problem, I needed to go in the admin panel using the subdomain.mydomain.com URL to get a new tag code.