How To Set Up Distributed Statistics

Hi,

I've been testing out Revive and I'm finding that I need to be able to scale my cluster horizontally as my traffic grows. I came across a few old OpenX blogs which mentioned configuring OpenX for 'Distributed Statistics'.

Is this possible with Revive ?

And can anyone point me in the direction of any docs which show how to set it up ?

Thanks

Keith 

Yes, it should still be possible. However, hardware has moved on a lot since then, and I'm honestly not sure that this is the best way to do it. You would need to have a really, really, really massive installation to actually need this.

Better would be to scale out your solution with multiple delivery servers, but stick with a single database.

• 8 months later...

Yes, it should still be possible. However, hardware has moved on a lot since then, and I'm honestly not sure that this is the best way to do it. You would need to have a really, really, really massive installation to actually need this.

Better would be to scale out your solution with multiple delivery servers, but stick with a single database.

Andrew, can you define massive installation?

I need to move from MySQL Cluster to a normal InnoDB implementation. Currently we have around 20M impressions day, running on 6 large webservers(32core/90GB ram, SSHD) and 4 nodes MySQL cluster(32cores/96GB), where data nodes use raid 10 on SAS disks. Obviously, it is too much power for 20M.

To keep delivery smooth I am thinking about 1 or 2 Web and 1 DB server, just not sure about whether use or not distributed statistics, also MariaDB is in the board.

Currently delivery DB stats are:  1.2K inserts/sec, 200 select/sec

Can you guys give me your thoughts about distributed stats and MariaDB?

• 11 months later...