No Stats From When I Upgraded To Revive Adserver

eberswine

Apologies for repeating myself, but I'm not a coder. So how do I "restart MySQL"? Also, I do like some explanation or verification. Is there maybe a link that explains it? It seems odd that installing a new vs of OpenX would "turn off" MySQL. I sure wouldn't want to mess something up. Thanks for any help or confidence. JP

I already tried changing the RV.php file in relation to that bit about PEAR.

I checked my Maintenance settings and it says it's correctly set up.

There's no need to change the RV.php file if you're running the latest version of Revive Adserver - that bug has been fixed.

If the maintenance page says that maintenance is running, all is well - apart from the missing stats. We will have to look elsewhere...

Do you see anything appearing in your data_bkt_m table in your database (if you do a "SELECT * FROM data_bkt_m") as delivery of your banners is happening?

Thanks for helping on this! I appreciate it.

OK, I'll look.

About banners delivering... if I look at my website and refresh the views the banners appear and change with each refresh. Does that tell us anything?

About the RV.php file -- should I change it back to what it was?

I went to phpMyAdmin and I found that table. It looks like when I clicked on it that it automatically did a "SELECT * FROM data_bkt_m" -- I see that phrase at the top. It's showing interval_start, creative_id, zone_id, and count. It's sorted by date -- and it ends on the day that my new version was installed.

There were only 38 rows, from 2011 to the day of the upgrade. (5 rows from 2011, a dozen or so from 2012, and then a couple dozen from 2014. None from 2013. ?)

What does that table mean?

Okay, now we're down to checking your web server log, unfortunately. Use something like Firebug to track the execution of banner invocation and see that there are calls being made to Revive Adserver to log the banner delivery. Try calling the URL manually, and watch your web server logs to see if it tells you anything. You may need to increase the logging level in your webserver and/or PHP.

Thanks for your efforts. I can still try to fix this on my own if it might be easy and straightforward. Otherwise, I'm looking into getting help from a coder. But all leads appreciated that I give to him if I can't do it.

So... it was logging stats in the old version. When we upgraded the version it's possible that we might also have to increase the logging level, etc.? My main clue is that it happened exactly with the upgrade. So fixing it involves something we might've overlooked when doing the upgrade... Maybe? Thanks again for any ideas.

Most likely reason I think for something breaking with the upgrade is incorrect permissions on the filesystem, or a corrupted database....?

Any chance I could hire you to look into it? Boy, that would really help, I bet! I'm having a hard time finding a coder who will help. Just wasted 2 weeks with someone who kept putting me off. Or is there someone you can recommend? THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance I could hire you to look into it? Boy, that would really help, I bet! I'm having a hard time finding a coder who will help. Just wasted 2 weeks with someone who kept putting me off. Or is there someone you can recommend? THANKS!

Drop me a PM and let's see if we can't get you sorted out. I may have some time over the next few evenings to be able to help if you're still stuck.

• 4 months later...

And we managed to get this all fixed, so, Revive Adserver can be made to work, no secret code changes were required :-)

I'm sorry for necro-posting, but I'm having the same problem as JeffOYB said.

Can you please tell me what was the problem because I cannot solve it on my own. What was fixed?

Permissions and owner are OK. Config file, logs, database were checked by me hundreds of time - nothing suspicious.

The problem can be reproduced by starting maintenance script which brokes all priorities for the most part of my banners. Here's some debug.log infromation (I enabled "ALL INFORMATION" option for debug.log) when you can see the error I'm troubleshooting about:

Oct 12 19:43:19 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  Running Maintenance Priority Engine: Allocate Zone Impressions
Oct 12 19:43:19 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]    - Getting the impression inventory data for all zones
Oct 12 19:43:19 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [     info]    - Selecting Zones forecasts for all managers for OI from 2014-10-12
13:00:00 to 2014-10-12 13:59:59
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 186 was over-subscribed: Want 19623 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 108 was over-subscribed: Want 2853 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 611 was over-subscribed: Want 1260 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 115 was over-subscribed: Want 2661 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 621 was over-subscribed: Want 1046 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 120 was over-subscribed: Want 4758 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 121 was over-subscribed: Want 1251 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 122 was over-subscribed: Want 6803 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 123 was over-subscribed: Want 1251 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 172 was over-subscribed: Want 4613 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 173 was over-subscribed: Want 2631 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 261 was over-subscribed: Want 30303 in 999
Oct 12 19:43:22 +0600 OX-maintenance-543a85366d1e9 [    debug]  - Found that Zone ID 321 was over-subscribed: Want 4613 in 999

Database dump was made by this command:

mysqldump -uUSER -pPASS DBASE > dbase.sql

And then imported on my test-node:

mysql -uUSER -pPASS DBASE < dbase.sql

I think that it's a database problem (I'm using MySQL, InnoDB tables).

All is working fine before starting maintenance. Why it brokes priorities I don't know. Please can you help me?

This is strange because all of information (database and files) which I copied to my test-server works fine on production-server. Test-server is completely the same as the production server (I mean in configuration and software installed on it). We had a fail while updating Openx 2.8.7 to Revive 3.0.5. After than we noticed our fail - we purged all openx and revive data (files and database) and restored them from backup. Everything workes fine since that day.

P.S I tried to update OpenX 2.8.7 to OpenX 2.8.8-2.8.11 and Revive 3.0.0-3.0.4 and etc. but the result was still the same - broken priorities. Also this problem is actuall on OpenX 2.8.7, which I copied to another directory O_O

I think it can be related to problem with installed plugins because now I get this messages during install:

Finished file-check for plugins
Starting file-check for plugins...
Plugin: openXBannerTypes - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openX3rdPartyServers - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXReports - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryCacheStore - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXMaxMindGeoIP - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXInvocationTags - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryLog - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate XML files

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Having the same problem on 3.0.5 version, no stats are being recorded.

The

SELECT * FROM revive.rv_data_bkt_m;

is returning rows and maintenance is running.

The only small problem that might be the issue is that User Interface Preferences don`t have the Statistics options enabled, but the problem with that is when I enable them and click save the options are not saved, there is a green message that the options are saved, but they are not, they are still disabled.

• 1 year later...

From memory, the issue was that before the upgrade, the database wasn't in a good state - there had been some manual changes made to data etc. So, after the upgrade, things were not in a state that would allow a newer Revive Adserver to work.

I think I had to trawl through the data, and figure out what the bad records were - perhaps relating to user accounts? - and fix these.