Jump to content
franciscomesa

Problem Upgrading From 2.8.11 To 3.0.2.

Recommended Posts

I've seen this before.

 

In recent years, there have been several people that had their system hacked, and found that hackers had replaced this specific file with one that was malicious. In many cases, since this particular file isn't used all that often, the quick fix was to just delete the file. However, now the upgrade wizard can't find it.

 

You should be able to find the original fine in the plugins zip files in the etc folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erik Geurts. May be... We get owned once by a hacker attack. I replaced openx plugins files with default files, but still with errors. Also I tried to debug php files and watch the plugin process  tries to locate xml files at  old_path/blah_blah and also at /blah_blah... That's right?

 

InstallUtils.php use [webDir] variable if I use external image location I have the previous problem


Also I disabled the openXMkarket. The first "beta" upgrade worked. I will try to repeat.

 

Regards,

 

Francisco Mesa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinnu G, the problem is the configuration used. I was using external image localtion as I said. I set it again in reviveserver path and upgrade works fine. Also I disabled in conf file openx market. About 2 hours debugging php and get the problem. Maybe an issue to github?

 

Regards,

 

Francisco Mesa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OpenX Market plugin is supposed to be disabled and removed when you upgrade from OpenX v2.8.x to Revive Adserver v3.0.x. I have done dozens of upgrades like this by now, and my fellows in the Revive Adserver team must have done hundreds. It is of course possible you have a specific case where the upgrade process did not work as intended, but it is not very likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to find the original fine in the plugins zip files in the etc folder.

 

I just encountered this during an upgrade - same error, same file.

 

No need to restore the original file. A file of the same name in the same location is all that is required to complete the upgrade.

 

I simply re-created the directory structure containing adtech.class.php (I'd deleted it earlier along with the file), and placed an empty file named adtech.class.php there. Upgrade proceeded and completed without a hitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...