Important note about improved password security

MK101

Hi,

I installed Revive on my own server, and everything was great until i tried to log in and was greeted with this message:

"

Important note about improved password security

Recently, the Revive Adserver software has been updated to a new version, which implements a more modern and much safer method of storing passwords. To be able to log in and continue using Revive Adserver you must set a new password first.

Check your inbox for a password reset email!

A password reset email has been sent to the email address associated with your username. Please open the email, and click the link in it. This will display a screen that enables you to enter your new password.

It can take a few minutes before the email arrives. If you don't see the email in your inbox, make sure to also check your spam folder.

"

Absolutely no email arrived, was waiting and waiting....few days later still nothing....i looked for other solutions to try and log into revive and set new password manually but nothing yet.

There must be a way for me to enter a new password and log into revive!

I see that it's a rather common thing that people install and get stuck, but that should not be the case!

If someone knows a way, please help...

• 8 months later...