Reset password request after ver 5.4.1 Update

Hi to all,

after the last update to 5.4.1 version, I had a message to change the password for more security. I had close the message and I was able to enter to the dashboard.

Today I have tried to enter to the dashboard but after I have entered the Username and Password, I have the message below, but I don't receive any email to reset the password, and I cannot enter to the dashboard. What should I do to solve the issue?

Important note about improved password security

Recently, the Revive Adserver software has been updated to a new version, which implements a more modern and much safer method of storing passwords. To be able to log in and continue using Revive Adserver you must set a new password first.

Check your inbox for a password reset email!

A password reset email has been sent to the email address associated with your username. Please open the email, and click the link in it. This will display a screen that enables you to enter your new password.

It can take a few minutes before the email arrives. If you don't see the email in your inbox, make sure to also check your spam folder.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a wonderful stub, just put it right to PHP.INI:

sendmail_path = /bin/cat > "/tmp/mail_`date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S`"

You just need to make sure that you have /bin/cat and write rights to /tmp/

An email with a link to reset the Administrator password will appear there as a File.

Hallelujah )

Edited by jooru

• 10 months later...

Response from above code

sendmail_path: command not found

I tried resetting admin password using PHPMyAdmin with MD5 but I know that isn't the current standard and I've not found the answer. I did an upgrade following the instructions for upgrade and everything was working until I changed the database user.  Revive is working except that admin can not log in.

15 hours ago, 440music said:

Response from above code

I tried resetting admin password using PHPMyAdmin with MD5 but I know that isn't the current standard and I've not found the answer. I did an upgrade following the instructions for upgrade and everything was working until I changed the database user.  Revive is working except that admin can not log in.

I ended up with tossing away my glowes and reinstalled the whole darn thing. There was no other way around this issue. 

16 hours ago, 440music said:

Response from above code

sendmail_path is not a comnand! It's a line in PHP.INI file.

Check once more, please. It's about config, not run comnand.

Regards!

46 minutes ago, jooru said:

sendmail_path is not a comnand! It's a line in PHP.INI file.

Check once more, please. It's about config, not run comnand.

Regards!

I'm just saying what I did. I just could not bother spending more time on it. So I reinstalled from scratch. 

Could never get it working with sendmail. Even reinstalled sendmail on the server.

If you find a way to do it then I´m sure other Revive members would appreciate if you share the solution.