Security flag

flyzone

Hello all, I just upgrade to version 5.3 from 5.05 and I keep getting a security flag.

----

Your browser was able to fetch some files that should not be accessible. For example:

var/cache/README.txt

----

VAR is set on 777 as it was in the past. Any idea why? The files were uploaded via FTP as I did in the past, so the owner is the FTP user.

Also for the first time I couldn't lock the settings file with 644 permissions, I had to set the file with 444 and when selecting the product updates button is putting the browser window in a loop, doesn't matter what kind of browser, even with cache cleared.

Apache - PHP 7.3.30 - MySQL 5.5.68 Maria-DB

Thank you

• 1 year later...

After more than a year I'm wondering if anyone found a solution to the var/cache/README.txt security error.

I saw other posts in here asking the same question but no solutions. Ever removing the file is not solving the issue.

I just upgrade version 5.3 to 5.4.1 but the results is the same. In the same server I'm running 5.0.5 on a different domain and there are no errors there, but in that case the security section was not included in the Revive server.

Thanks

A.

• 9 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I recently "revived" an old 4.1.4 server and upgraded it to 5.4.1
When I log in, it displays this message:

error.gif  Your browser was able to fetch some files that should not be accessible. For example:

• var/cache/README.txt
  • etc/database_action.xml
  • plugins/etc/openXDeliveryLog.xml
  • var/INSTALLED

Click here to find more information on how to secure your installation.

I followed the suggestion in the link, adding the segment below to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, but it had no effect.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

<Directory /var/www/revive-adserver-5.4.1>
   AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit
</Directory>