plugins_repo not in my installation?

I've upgraded to version 5.0.4, and am attempting to use geo-targeting. I'm trying to use longitude and latitude for the targeting. I'm pretty sure I have set up the MaxMind ASN, City, and Country databases correctly (Revive shows the geo-targeting options as available.)

However, using a proxy server, I cannot seem to get the geo-targeted ad to display, so I'm wondering if I actually have things set up correctly. When I look at GitHub and at various forum posts, I see that geo-targeting might need the "plugins_repo" directory. My installation doesn't have this.

Advice?

Thank you!

Eliz.

When I had no targeting rules for the banners, the ads did serve, according to the displayed statistics. With the targeting rules in place, nothing has served.

Unfortunately, I can find next to no information on "correctly" setting up the targeting. (For instance, I had to figure out for myself that a longitude of "80 degrees W" should be formatted as "-80".)

I am using Revive 5.0.4. I had to figure out how to install the MaxMind geo-targeting myself, since it did not install automatically. (There was nothing in the /var/plugins/rvMaxMindGeoIP2/ directory but a "*.lock" file.)

According to the GitHub repository, the "plugins_repo" folder is specifically related to the MaxMind geo-targeting.

Update: I have also tried using ZIP codes for the particular area, using "OR" connectors, and still no joy.

Thank you!

Eliz.

I think Revive can only automatically download one type of database (City one), hence the .lock file during the download of an updated version. I don't think that you can and need to use another tape of geo database in the folder.

To use  thi geo function, I create Geo delivery rules sets in my preferences interface and then apply them to banners. I don't use the Geo rules directly from the banner distribution options.

Edited by Stephanie