Message count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Oneup

Recently our adserver stopped working. We don't know exactly how did it happen, but we found in the debug.log this error:

OX-5dd6d3152596f [  warning]  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

We don't know how to fix this. Any help would be really appreciated.

I don't think that message is the cause of your issue (whatever it is), because that's a warning, rather than an error - but I could be wrong.

I suppose it depends on what the issue actually is - but you don't actually tell us anything about what's wrong.

Maybe start with https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Revive+Adserver+Broken and if that doesn't help, come back with some specific details?

The issue is that we are getting an http error 500 while trying to access the revive ad server.

Everything was working fine, and something changed and this is why we cannot access any more. But we cannot seems to know from the log files what is the problem.

The error I posted previously is logged 5 times when someone tries to access the server, and it's been happening since about a month ago.

Is there a place where I can search for the specifics of this error?

We have multiple applications running on this web server, including wordpress and magento sites, and none of them are having issues. The only application having issues is the ad server. This is why we need some assistance troubleshooting the ad server, and not the web server.

Is there any log file where we can possibly see what might be causing the problem? Do you think that a reinstall/upgrade might fix the issue?

Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Oneup,

Sure, I understand what you are saying, but a 500 error is an internal error from the webserver. I get that you are only seeing the error when accessing Revive Adserver, but nevertheless, the issue is coming from the webserver, not the Revive Adserver code.

You need to look at your webserver logs, and see what it's saying there, and debug this using your webserver documentation.