5.0 Upgrade Wizard Can't Locate Plugin Files

tkat

The upgrade wizard keeps giving me the message: One or more plugin files couldn't be located, check the install.log file for more information

When I check install logs it is unable to locate XML files for any of the installed and working plugins.  I know the path to the current install is correct, so am baffled what to do at this point.

And the paths the install log lists doesn't reflect the actual location of files as the "extensions" subdirectory is not one levelbelow the Revive installation:

Plugin: openXBannerTypes - Unable to locate file: /home/xxx/public_html/Revive/extensions/bannerTypeText/oxText/genericText.delivery.php
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate file: /home/xxx/public_html/Revive/www/admin/extensions/Site/lib/updateList.php

Would appreciate any insight into what is causing this.

Thank you.

Tried again with absolute addressing. It was still unable to locate XML files of any of the plugins:

table prefix: rv_
successfully initialised DB Upgrade
verifying/creating constructive tasklist
Revive Adserver 4.1.4 detected
This version can be upgraded
Database settings and permissions are OK
Starting file-check for plugins...
Plugin: openXAdvancedMobileTargeting - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXBannerTypes - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openX3rdPartyServers - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXReports - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryCacheStore - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXMaxMindGeoIP - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXInvocationTags - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryLog - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: apLoader - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: apVideo - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: TrackingPlugin - Unable to locate XML files
Finished file-check for plugins

Thanks for your reply, Andrew.

Permissions were set to 777 for the Plugins, Var and WWW/Admin/plugins folders.  

The Images folder had been created outside the Revive installation.

We're upgrading from 4.14 to 5.0.0.  

During the upgrade process we are using the MultiPHP Manager to toggle between our current PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.2 versions.

Any other suggestions you can provide as to what could cause this would be very much appreciated!

I meant more that the permissions to access the OLD installation were incorrect - the error is stating that it cannot locate the old installation's plugin files, which it needs to do to copy them over to your NEW install (as you may have 3rd party plugins installed).

If you've specified the correct path, and that is the path to where the OLD installation plugins are, and the files really are there -- then it has to be a permission issue, the new installation's web server configuration is not allowing access to this path.

Both the old and new installs are in the same server and domain.

Also, I verified that the old install's var, plugins and www/admin/plugin folders are set to 777.

However, the subfolders within the admin/plugins folder are all 755.  Should those be 777?

Also the old install's etc folder, which actually contains the plugin zip files, is 755.  Should that be 777 as well?

Thanks again!

Tried again with v. 5.0.1 after changing plugin-related folders in the old install to 777.

Upgrade wizard throws off the same  error message about being unable to locate one or more plugins.

But the debug log presents a different error messages focusing on the package definition files:

Nov 01 23:34:54 +0000 OX-5dbcc11e2813c [    error]  Failed to find package definition file https://mydomain.com/Revive/plugins/etc/openXAdvancedMobileTargeting.xml
Nov 01 23:34:54 +0000 OX-5dbcc11e2813c [    error]  Failed to find package definition file

https://mydomain.com/Revive/plugins/etc/openXBannerTypes.xml
Nov 01 23:34:54 +0000 OX-5dbcc11e2813c [    error]  Failed to find package definition file https://mydomain.com/Revive/plugins/etc/openXDeliveryLimitations.xml
Nov 01 23:34:54 +0000 OX-5dbcc11e2813c [    error]  Failed to find package definition file https://mydomain.com/Revive/plugins/etc/openX3rdPartyServers.xml

etc ...

Not sure if this is progress?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had this problem and worked around it by unzipping the files in /etc/plugins and copying the result to 

/plugins, resulting in /plugins/etc containing all the xml files and their associated directories.

So it seems like it may be an unzipping problem, but I have not pursued it further.

• 1 year later...

I am trying to upgrade from 5.3.1 to 5.4.1 to get PHP 8.1 compatibility and upgrade the server to the latest version. When I run the upgrade wizard I getting the message: 

One or more plugin files couldn't be located, check the install.log file for more information

The install log shows:

Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/adserver_new/www/admin/plugins/Site/js/updateList.js
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs/adserver_new/www/admin/plugins/videoReport/navigation/oxVastMenuChecker.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_c.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_m.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_r.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_a.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_a_var.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Banner_vast_element.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Data_bkt_vast_e.php
Plugin DataObject files: Unable to locate file: Stats_vast.php
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/adserver/www/admin/plugins/Site/js/updateList.js
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/adserver/www/admin/plugins/videoReport/navigation/oxVastMenuChecker.php
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/adserver/www/admin/plugins/Site/js/updateList.js
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/adserver/www/admin/plugins/videoReport/navigation/oxVastMenuChecker.php

The top 2 messages are about the new installation (adserver_new) and the bottom messages are about the old installation (adserver). 

I looked in the old www/admin/plugins directory and it is empty (I'm doing this as root so it's not a permissions issue). I can't seem to resolve this. 

The current version of revive (5.3.1) is running fine and serving ads, but the upgrade wizard will not allow me to get beyond the plugins scree.

Please help!

• 2 months later...

Hi Mitchems,

What fixed this for me is using the relative path to point to the old plugins folder:

The old version was at https:/adserver.domain.com/revive

The new version was at https:/adserver.domain.com/revive-new

I tried absolute paths, relative paths but in the end I had to use a relative path AND designate the path starts in the folder above.

../revive

That solved the issue for me. Hope this helps!