Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bpls14

Plugins fail to install with 5.0.0 RC

Recommended Posts

I installed twice (Revive Adserver v5.0.0-RC1 as tar.gz) on Centos 7 with PHP 7.3.** (Nginx+Apache+MariaDB) but failed to get any plugin installed. It show only "Choose Section: Plugins/ Groups" and I"nstall new plugin" with Browse, Install, Import (code only). I discovered it at the time of generating Invocation code (not working at all) for a zone. Although, with Chrome browser, I failed to switch to user mode (administrator/ Default Manager) although with IE v11 it works. Can it be possible to manually install plugins by downloading them (even seeking for download URLs)?

On Windows 7, using WAMP, I installed  (Revive Adserver v5.0.0-RC1 as zip) today and it has been working (serving banners to page), although I didn't managed to check more esp. what I experienced/ learnt from using V4.2.0 on my laptop few months ago. 

9 minutes ago, Bpls14 said:

I installed twice (Revive Adserver v5.0.0-as tar.gz) stable release on Centos 7 with PHP 7.3.** (Nginx+Apache+MariaDB) today but failed to get any plugin installed. It show only "Choose Section: Plugins/ Groups" and I"nstall new plugin" with Browse, Install, Import (code only). I discovered it at the time of generating Invocation code (not working at all) for a zone. Although, with Chrome browser, I failed to switch to user mode (administrator/ Default Manager) although with IE v11 it works. Can it be possible to manually install plugins by downloading them (even seeking for download URLs)?

On Windows 7, using WAMP, I installed  (Revive Adserver v5.0.0 as zip) stable release today and it has been working (serving banners to page), although I didn't managed to check more esp. what I experienced/ learnt from using V4.2.0 on my laptop few months ago. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now its working perfectly after fresh installation; plugins are all installed. Either, the previous installer got corrupted somewhere between downloading from official site and uploading to my Centos server.  Or as I recall, previous two times, during installations with Chrome, I had problems like appearances of grey boxes between inputs and no success notifications of individual plugins installations. Finally, I could installed successfully and all seems good with IE. But still I can't switch the user mode (administrator/ Default Manager) in Chrome, even after resetting/ restoring Chrome's settings to their original; but it's okey with IE.

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last, I figured out the actual cause of everything; it was for the fact of incorrect/ improper Content Security Policy (CSP header) I implemented earlier. Errors were showing in browser's Console (Developer Tools) for the above mentioned issues before such correction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...