How can I use my own URL instead of Ad Revive's own?

Hi,

Is it possible to use the set advertiser's URL from the banner link url destination instead of the Ad Revive Server's link on a per banner ad basis?

https://www.domain.com/bmg/www/delivery/ck.php?blahblah

Or is it possible to have it done globally?

I would much rather like to know about it on a per ad basis. If you can send over instructions or a link to a guide, that would be great.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah we've been trying to get a date code fixed for years with no help, just empty promises and requests for donations.

Is there another software on the market that does what Revive does?

We used OpenX for over a decade before they got bought out by Revive.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AngryWarrior said:

Hello @420  

You need your own server and hosting the ad server yourself and not use the paid cloud version to do this. 

Cheers. 

Yes, that's what we use. How would we do it for one campaign? 

Not sure why you wanna do this anyway. 

Revive is an ad server so it manages all your advertisers and their ads in the ad inventory and then pushes them out to the ad zones you create with the revocation code (the link you are talking about). There is no advantage in trying to do what you suggest as far as I am concerned. However Revive Ad server is open source so you can do whatever you want with the code. 

Also if you run your own revive ad server with your own domain name then you are already using your own domain name... 

Edited by AngryWarrior

1 hour ago, AngryWarrior said:

Not sure why you wanna do this anyway. 

Revive is an ad server so it manages all your advertisers and their ads in the ad inventory and then pushes them out to the ad zones you create with the revocation code (the link you are talking about). There is no advantage in trying to do what you suggest as far as I am concerned. However Revive Ad server is open source so you can do whatever you want with the code. 

Also if you run your own revive ad server with your own domain name then you are already using your own domain name... 

Yes, that's OK but how would we have the advertiser's domains displayed in a web browser instead of the Ad Revive masked link for one campaign/banner? Is it a feature offered by default in Revive Ad Server? That's the question.

Thanks! 

On 6/4/2020 at 7:16 PM, 420 said:

we have the advertiser's domains displayed in a web browser instead of the Ad Revive masked link

Why do you want that? it not necessary.

Once the ad is published it in your website it will be with the ad suppliers links automatically. The revocation codes are not visible to the end-users as links in the browser; the ad suppliers links are that...  

12 minutes ago, AngryWarrior said:

Why do you want that? it not necessary.

Once the ad is published it in your website it will be with the ad suppliers links automatically. The revocation codes are not visible to the end-users as links in the browser; the ad suppliers links are that...  

We'd still like to know if it's possible or not. So it's not possible with a feature already included? 

2 hours ago, 420 said:

We'd still like to know if it's possible or not. So it's not possible with a feature already included? 

Nope, not what i know of.

However Revive is open source so you could dig into the code yourself and change things if you wanted..

But that is a different story..