Display the selected zone instead - Not Populating zone choices

Can anyone tell me if they have the same issue with this feature.   I am trying to set a Zone's chain settings to use a different zone if there are no banners for a certain zone.  When I click the radio button the select drop down shows but there are no values (or Zones) to select. 

Hey Andrew, 

I did dig deeper and figured out that the zones need to be the same size I guess...  I am looking for a fall back chain that would show ad's of another dimension. 

ie.  If my 300x300 zone had no particular banners per the rules I set, then try another zone of 250x250. 

Am going to jump into the code and see if I can adjust this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andrew,  

When using X zones.. it then brings back every banner.. which I would then need to selectively add only the ones that should fit dimension wise.. 

Is there a way to ping the server for a response to indicate whether or not a zone has banners?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that is indeed the case - if you use a *x* zone, then any banner of any size will be able to be displayed. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is - if you want to be able to fall back from a zone of one size to another size, well, the assumption is that any size is okay...

The only way around this would be to use *x* zones, but separate out your banners by sizes into different campaigns, or use other Delivery Rule options to control where banners are displayed.

There are some API options that can be used to obtain information about what zones have banners linked or not, but this is for management, rather than delivery. In the delivery service, no, there is no current option to "ping" the zone to find out if it would deliver a banner or not.