10x lower impressions vs rv_data_bkt_m

Hi,

I recovered from a severe hardware failure and restored from a backup. Since then I see a gap between actual impressions and what I expect.

I checked this post but I'm still stuck https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/No+Statistics

• Ad delivery working fine: YES
  • All zones populating: YES
  • Remnant campaigns setup: YES
  • Seeing log beacons (lg.php): YES
  • Seeing data as expected in table rv_data_bkt_m: YES
  • Blocking IP/UA: NO
  • Maintenance mode running: YES
  • Maintenance mode updating stats: YES

SQL query on rv_data_bkt_m

interval_start Descending 1 sum(count)  
2018-12-18 20:00:00 2536 = current hour, increasing fast
2018-12-18 19:00:00 12685
2018-12-18 18:00:00 11392
2018-12-18 17:00:00 9866

Matching Hourly stats under "Daily statistics" for above

• not there yet (as expected)

So I see a factor of 10x lower in statistics;

I checked certain zones/campaigns/banner types would not show up; But all seem to have the same 10x range lower than expected.

Any hint pointers what this could be? (eg. timezone mismatch? PHP version, I'm now on 7.2 while before on 7.0)

Thank you,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @scalemates,

Okay, that's really interesting!

Could you please take a look in your debug log? There should be some output every hour when the maintenance script runs. Could you please capture just the output from the maintenance script, and post? (Possibly copy the contents of the current debug log just before scheduled maintenance, then empty the file, so that you can capture just the output from the maintenance script.)

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, sorry I really thought I replied. I went for the clean install approach and migrated all the key tables for inventory/advertisers.

After doing that it was fine. (lessons learned for me = backing up the database and having a local copy of all the src files is not enough. eg. Config changes are not stored in the DB but in a config file. )

My endusers are not impacted, I use the REST API for a fully custom UI and reporting connects to the old instance or the new instance depending on the date of the reports. (not ideal, but good enough for me at this point)

Thank you for thinking with me