Jump to content
scalemates

10x lower impressions vs rv_data_bkt_m

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I recovered from a severe hardware failure and restored from a backup. Since then I see a gap between actual impressions and what I expect.

I checked this post but I'm still stuck https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/No+Statistics

  • Ad delivery working fine: YES
  • All zones populating: YES
  • Remnant campaigns setup: YES
  • Seeing log beacons (lg.php): YES
  • Seeing data as expected in table rv_data_bkt_m: YES
  • Blocking IP/UA: NO
  • Maintenance mode running: YES
  • Maintenance mode updating stats: YES

 

SQL query on rv_data_bkt_m

interval_start Descending 1 sum(count)  
2018-12-18 20:00:00 2536 = current hour, increasing fast
2018-12-18 19:00:00 12685
2018-12-18 18:00:00 11392
2018-12-18 17:00:00 9866

Matching Hourly stats under "Daily statistics" for above

  • not there yet (as expected)
  • 1105
  • 1046
  • 973

So I see a factor of 10x lower in statistics;

I checked certain zones/campaigns/banner types would not show up; But all seem to have the same 10x range lower than expected.

Any hint pointers what this could be? (eg. timezone mismatch? PHP version, I'm now on 7.2 while before on 7.0)

Thank you,

Tim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @scalemates,

Okay, that's really interesting!

Could you please take a look in your debug log? There should be some output every hour when the maintenance script runs. Could you please capture just the output from the maintenance script, and post? (Possibly copy the contents of the current debug log just before scheduled maintenance, then empty the file, so that you can capture just the output from the maintenance script.)

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrew, sorry I really thought I replied. I went for the clean install approach and migrated all the key tables for inventory/advertisers.

After doing that it was fine. (lessons learned for me = backing up the database and having a local copy of all the src files is not enough. eg. Config changes are not stored in the DB but in a config file. )

My endusers are not impacted, I use the REST API for a fully custom UI and reporting connects to the old instance or the new instance depending on the date of the reports. (not ideal, but good enough for me at this point)

 

Thank you for thinking with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...