data-revive-id (Asynchronous JS Tag) for Load Balancing pool

vioussoupov

Hello,

Question regarding data-revive-id (Asynchronous JS Tag).
How handle this case if we used Load Balancing with three revive instances with three different sub-domain names?

I mean publisher have one of Asynchronous JS Tag with one data-revive-id but load balancer send request to one of this instance that have a different data-revive-id.

Is its possible set one data-revive-id for all revive instances in load balancer pool?
Or available other options for resolving this problem?

Regards,
Vitali

3 hours ago, Ian vM said:

You need the same FQDN for all instances in the loadbalancer pool. data-revive-id is a hash of the hostname tags are served from, if it doesn't match, no data gets served.

Hmm, I don’t understand how I can set up same FQDN for the few instances in the LB Pool?
FQD
N (subdomain + domain name) should be have unique name for each instance, not?

Maybe we can set up “data-revive-id” 
us hardcode same in all instances in the LB Pool?

I mean in the /production/adsrv/web/www/delivery/asyncjs.php use "...$eta='hard_coded_string.'..."  instead a "$etag = md5("{$conf['webpath']['delivery']}*{$conf['webpath']['deliverySSL']}");" 

Edited by vioussoupov

1 hour ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @vioussoupov,

What Ian means is that instead of having 3 servers, with 3 separate installations on it - instead, have one installation, but spread the load of that one installation across three servers.

Sorry andrewatfornax can you explain more details how its works ( spread the load of that one installation across three servers.)?

Do you mean  HTTP Accelerator (Caching Reverse Proxy) or something different?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...