tobean

Cookies (new EU legislation)

Hi!

in the future it must be possible to opt out from setting cookies in Revive adserver. In the actual release cookies seem to be set for one year. In the config file I found the option

permCookieSeconds=31536000

Is it possible to reduce this time to 1 hour (or for the actual browser session)? Or what is the reason that the cookie lives for 1 year?

Or can I even set permCookieSeconds=0 to get rid of all cookies? I know that some feature will no longer work in this case (e.g. display the same banner more than once).

It would be nice to get an anser from Eric or another admin because Revive will no longer be legal when the new legislation comes on may 25th.

Best regards

tobean

Hi Tobean,

Changing the config file didn't have the expected result.

Digging a bit deeper I found /ras/www/delivery/lg.php  (Ad log requests) sets the OAID cookie to 1 year. (not reading the 

permCookieSeconds from the config but calling a method _getTimeYearFromNow )

Many other files in /ras/www/delivery/* have a method called: _getTimeYearFromNow

No clue what the consequences are when changing them 🙂

Upgrades are normally an easy job but you should always make a copy of the database and the old installation. I've also changed the new privacy settings but did not test the new cookie.

Good luck

tobean