Revive not counting html5 zip banners

Hi all

Have an issue here , all HTML5 banners (zip) click are not counted . I'm using latest revive  i did a lot of search on this forum and i know that Macros are not supported when it comees to HTML 5 banners instead it is using clickTAG  So i unzipped the banner file and checked the html file , it has the clicktag  parameter still no click count . Any idea ? did i miss something ?

Thank you in advance

Issue solved once and for all! 

seems like Clicktag implementation was wrong  i will post the solution because i've never seen a working solution in this forum. ( this will work when no clicktag is implemented and also when implementation is wrong)

basically what i did is creating a layer over the existing banner and inserted the click tag :

in the html file of the banner i added the following between  <head></head> tags

<script type="text/javascript">
    var clickTag = "";
  </script>

then between <body></body> tags

<div id="clickTagLayer" style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 16777271; width: 100%; height: 100%; cursor: pointer; cursor: pointer">
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
(function() {
  var layer = document.getElementById("clickTagLayer");
  if (layer) {
    var listen = function(obj, e, fn) {
      if (obj.addEventListener) { obj.addEventListener(e, fn, false); } else { obj.attachEvent("on"+e, fn); }
    };
    listen(layer, 'click', function (evt) {
      evt.stopPropagation();
      try { evt.cancelBubble(); } catch (e) { /* ignore */ }
      window.open(window.clickTag, '_blank');
    });
  }
})();
</script>

Then , uploaded the html5 zip file with the new modifications and added the desired banner link as shown in the screenshot below and it works , revive is counting clicks

revive.png

• 2 years later...

Question: Is it always necessary to manually add the two code segments above to the HTML5 banner files to make the banner link setting work and enable counting of clicks in Revive?

Recently I got a HTML5 banner for the first time and saved a destination URL exactly like shown above, but still the banner was not linked to anything.
I asked my graphics colleague if he can add a link with Google Web Designer and so he did. Clicking on the banner does work, but the URL saved at Revive banner settings does not have any effect.