Cannot upgrade from Openx source

sonic

I'm trying to upgrade from openx v2.8.10 to revive adserver 4.1.3 using this guide https://www.revive-adserver.com/support/upgrading/. But after upgrade openx data wasn't imported through  there weren't any errors during upgrade. Only new empty tables with rv_ prefix were created. Our openx installation is using Amazon Aurora MySQL 5.6.10a

HI @sonic,

The most likely explanation is that during the install process, your new 4.1.3 code base did not detect your previous configuration file.

Make sure you copy your old OpenX configuration file(s) into the new code base; make sure the files can be read by the webserver user; and make sure that you run the upgrade process using the same domain name in the URL as your previous installation.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:50 AM, andrewatfornax said:

HI @sonic,

The most likely explanation is that during the install process, your new 4.1.3 code base did not detect your previous configuration file.

Make sure you copy your old OpenX configuration file(s) into the new code base; make sure the files can be read by the webserver user; and make sure that you run the upgrade process using the same domain name in the URL as your previous installation.

hi @andrewatfornax Thank you for your reply. I copied open sources for sure and run upgrade process using the same domain name, but I didn’t copy apache configs as our old openx used apache 2.2 and on new system we should use the latest apache .2.4 version but syntax on apache 2.4 was changed. Should I rewrite and copy apache configs? Also we have 3 domains under apache web root directory. one of them is for openx admin page, and I don’t know for which purposes the other two are used. I only know dns links with that domains should work and nobody in my team knows that.  

No, you don't need to copy your Apache configuration over - that's not relevant. You do need to copy your Revive Adserver configuration files over, however, and make sure they are in the right place, and able to be read by the web server, so that the upgrade process will detect that it's an upgrade, not a clean install.

The upgrade process will clearly tell you if it's an upgrade vs. an install.

Re: multiple configuration files: https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Managing+Configuration+Files