Upgrade to 4.1.1 failed - Catchable Fatal Error

elmer

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to run upgrade:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to RV\Container::__construct() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/user/public_html/adserver411/init.php on line 65 and defined in /home/user/public_html/adserver411/lib/RV/Container.php on line 38

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Elmer

Here is info from "Product Updates" page:

You are currently using Revive Adserver v3.0.2 (warning: database is stamped as v2.8.8) running on Apache, PHP 5.6.32 and MySQL 5.6.38-.

Do I need to upgrade to v3.2 before attempting to upgrade to 4.1.1?

• 7 months later...

what does this mean????

On 12/28/2017 at 12:16 AM, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @elmer,

No, you don't need to upgrade to an intermediate version - you can go directly from your current version to the latest version.

How did you get the Revive Adserver 4.1.1 release - did you download a release package from https://www.revive-adserver.com/download/ ?

Hi @signs101,

I'm not entirely sure how what I've written could be interpreted in anything other than one way.

It means:

1. There is no need to upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.2, before upgrading to 4.1.1 - you can upgrade directly from 3.0.2 to 4.1.1.

2. I was asking where the upgrade package was obtained from. We often have users have issues with performing upgrades when they have obtained a Revive Adserver package from somewhere other than our official downloads page, and I wanted to make sure that this was not the case for the user above.