How to fill Zone with campaign?

romubebs

3 minutes ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @romubebs,

Yes, absolutely.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. How exactly? :)

We have Revive installed and running but at the moment only 1 zone covering the news and forums. We use only contract campaigns and all campaigns are time-critical.

Lets assume we have sold few campaigns with 2 000 000 impressions per month. Zone 1 only has 500 000 impressions available per month but Zone 2 has 5 million impressions available per month

How can I configure the campaigns so that they will fully  fill Zone 1 (500 000 impressions) and Zone 2 with 1,5 million impressions? Basically I'm looking an option to prioritize zone and even adjust fill rate. Thanks :)

6 hours ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @romubebs,

Start using one or more remnant campaigns to utilize any remaining inventory that is not required by your contract campaigns.

https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Creating+a+Campaign#CreatingaCampaign-Remnantcampaigns

Hi, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I was hoping to get this done with contract campaigns since we are trying to avoid displaying non-necessary ads like inhouse ads to our readers.

Maybe a new feature suggestion? Prioritize one zone over another?

Hi @romubebs,

I'm rather confused about what you are asking for. 

On one hand, you asked this:

On 9/6/2017 at 8:18 PM, romubebs said:

We have Revive installed and running but at the moment only 1 zone covering the news and forums. We use only contract campaigns and all campaigns are time-critical.

Lets assume we have sold few campaigns with 2 000 000 impressions per month. Zone 1 only has 500 000 impressions available per month but Zone 2 has 5 million impressions available per month

How can I configure the campaigns so that they will fully  fill Zone 1 (500 000 impressions) and Zone 2 with 1,5 million impressions? Basically I'm looking an option to prioritize zone and even adjust fill rate. 

If you have sold "a few" campaigns with 2m impressions each, then, assuming "a few" means at least three, then you have at least 6m impressions to deliver.

In that case, between zone 1 and zone 2, you have 5.5m impressions available.

In this case, Revive Adserver is going to attempt to use all 5.5m impressions across the two zones, in an attempt to deliver 6m impressions. It will fail, of course - but the outcome will be that you deliver a banner on every impression, so, there will be a 100% fill rate.

If that is the case, then it's not clear to me why you're asking about the fill rate.

If, however, you actually have more inventory than you need, then Revive Adserver won't use that inventory, if the contract campaigns don't need it.

In this case, that's what remnant campaigns are for, to use up the left over inventory that contract campaigns don't require.

As for:

7 hours ago, romubebs said:

Maybe a new feature suggestion? Prioritize one zone over another?

I don't understand this. Zones are where banners are displayed. You can do zone chaining, if you want to define a fall-through structure for what to do if a zone has no banner that can be displayed, but it doesn't really make sense to me to "prioritise" one zone over another. I guess you mean you want to say that for a given campaign, you want to put more impressions in one zone, and fewer in another?

If that's what you mean, Revive Adserver automatically does this for contract campaigns, relative to the size of the zones.

12 hours ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @romubebs,

I'm rather confused about what you are asking for. 

I guess you mean you want to say that for a given campaign, you want to put more impressions in one zone, and fewer in another?

If that's what you mean, Revive Adserver automatically does this for contract campaigns, relative to the size of the zones.

Sorry for not being clear enough. In the example with 2 million impressions it was the total amount of impressions causing lots of empty impressions.

And yes, that's exactly what I mean and I was hoping to give one zone 100 %. I'll give it a try and see how it works automatically :)

Thanks for your help.