How to serve Ad to mobile app through API ?

Hi @huanxing.wu,

Perhaps one of the other invocation types would work for you?

https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Invocation+Code%3A+Zone+Level

If not, then Revive Adserver does have an XML-RPC API, which might work, otherwise there is at least one commercial plugins that provides a REST API.

Finally, if none of these are suitable, then yes, you could certainly look into building an API for Revive Adserver - or, consider signing up to our Patreon project to help support us to expand Revive Adserver with these kinds of features!

Hi @andrewatfornax

Thanks for tips. 

1. the revive invocation types are all HTML based(js/iframe), seems not meet my requirement.

2. can you give more info about the XML-RPC API ( the reference docs link. e.g.)?

3. can u suggest some commercial plugins for me ?

4. finally, if I build an API  plugin for app to get the banners from revieve server , I don't know how to render them on Native app , should I call the native app sdk ?that's not what I wanted. I need a common way to fetch banners from revive and render on different types of native app.

Hi @huanxing.wu ,

1. Well, the PHP and XML-RPC tags are different, but I suppose it depends if you have to do things from within the app, and if that is supported, or if your app can call a server script, that then does the server-side ad call.

2. No, unfortunately, the API documentation is still on our todo list - please support us on Patreon to help!

3. I can't recommend anything, because I have never used them / I have relationships with people who sell them. I am sure Google will help: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=revive+adserver+api+plugin&oq=revive+adserver+api+plugin&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65l2j69i60l3.3255j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4. This is also on my todo list to look into, but I would assume you need two parts - a native app SDK component (for each platform) and a common plugin/API in revive adserver to service the SDKs.

Hi @andrewatfornax

Thanks for your answers & recommendations.

I would like  to know more about the revive plugin mechanism.

My requirement is still  to serve Ad to mobile app through API.  to implement this:

1. could u help showing me the draft data flow (who at where call which revive api/component )?

2.  what's the use-case of  XML-RPC?  it should be call on Native app or  plugin?  is xmlrpc viable on my situation?

3. I found that the revive plugin docs is rather limit on internet, except this one  https://github.com/rhapsodyv/revive-plugins-doc/tree/master ,

I wonder if there are some where place I can learn more about revive plugin/component ?

Thanks in advance

Ah, thanks for the clarification, @Erik Geurts !

16 hours ago, huanxing.wu said:

1. could u help showing me the draft data flow (who at where call which revive api/component )?

2.  what's the use-case of  XML-RPC?  it should be call on Native app or  plugin?  is xmlrpc viable on my situation?

3. I found that the revive plugin docs is rather limit on internet, except this one  https://github.com/rhapsodyv/revive-plugins-doc/tree/master ,

I wonder if there are some where place I can learn more about revive plugin/component ?

Hi @huanxing.wu,

1 & 2. So, as per Erik's comment above, unfortunately I was wrong - the API is only about managing ads, and is not for delivery of ads. So, the APIs won't help.

3. Yes, the documentation is limited - apologies for that. We are working on expanding our documentation as best we can. The best way to support us in that process is through Patreon.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 2 years later...
On 6/15/2017 at 5:25 AM, andrewatfornax said:

The best way to support us in that process is through Patreon

i will support you on patreon $10000 if you can explain me how delivery engine shows ads using Asynchronous JS Tag how it decides what adid should be served or is there any why to override and display chosen adid MAKE A COMPLETE DOC ON HOW YOUR ADVERSER WORKS FROM DELIVERY TO LOGGING TO API 

Hi @yashmeena,

1. I don't believe that we have any documentation regarding the technical details of how the Asynchronous JS Tag works in the terms of how a browser interprets the script... What is it that you are trying to do that would need this information? 
  2. The way that Revive Adserver decides which banner to display is already documented here: https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Banner+Selection+Mechanism
  3. There is no way to "override" which banner is selected - but there are lots of things you can do to make sure that it picks the banner(s) you want! The documentation about how Revive Adserver decides which banner to display should help you to understand this.
  4. Complete documentation is an ongoing project! We work on it as and when we can. If you'd like to support us in this effort, then please do consider signing up for a small monthly amount, rather than a once off large amount! We need the support of the community to help us spend more time working on changes, rather than promises of riches after the changes are done ?

I hope this helps!