Asynchronous JS Tag as Generic HTML banner doesn't work via Asynchronous JS Tag

Fero

(Scenario)

• Campaign "A"with Generic HTML banner "A" linked to zone "A".

• Campaign "B" with Generic HTML banner "B" linked to zone "B"

• banner "A" - common js expandable banner (not displayed inside of an iframe)

• banner "B" - use Generated invocation code zone "A" (asynchronous) - not displayed inside of an iframe

• zone "A" - it is used just as HTML banner, it is not placed on website

Issue:

• in case zone "B" is placed on website as Asynchronous JS Tag - doesn't display banner "A" via banner "B"
  • in case zone "B" is placed on website as JavaScript Tag - banner "A" is displayed properly via banner "B"

This scenario is useful if Revive Adserver has more accounts and one account needs display his campaigns as a backup in another account campaigns.

Hi @Fero,

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this:

• Create a new campaign with a single, image-based banner;
  • Link this campaign to an otherwise empty zone;
  • Create the Async JS tag for the zone
and put the zone tag onto a plain page, then the banner delivers.

If I then:
  • Create another new campaign with a single, HTML-based banner, which contains the above Async JS tag from the first zone; 
  • Link this campaign to an otherwise empty zone;
  • Create the Async JS tag for the zone
and put the zone tag onto a plain page, then the banner still delivers, via the two-levels of Async JS tags.

If you can provide some more specific, step-by-step instructions as to exactly what you have set up (or screenshots, and actual tags), then I might be able to take a look.

Please note, though, that this isn't providing a "backup" zone, because the banner(s) from the zone that you are including as a banner in the other zone will be included in those that are shown, even when other banners could be shown. For a "backup", use the zone chaining feature, on the "Advanced" tab of the zone.

Hi Andrew, did you unchecked option "This banner can be safely displayed inside an iframe (e.g. is not expandable)" for HTML-based banner where u placed Asynch JS tag ? In my case i am using expandable banner so this is necessary to be unchecked.

If yes i will prepare step by step example with screenshots and links

Thank you 

Fero