New Servers Random failed permissions error

krispcbc

We recently upgraded our servers as well as installed the latest nginx/php7/mysql5.7.   From time to time when I first login to the ads server I will get a message at the top that says "Error:  File permission error detected.  These may impact accurate deliver of your ads, See the debug.log file for the list of unwritable files"   I review the debug.log and see things like this "May 31 15:02:35 -0700 OX-592f3d7a92fb0 [     info]  Unwritable file /var/cache/deliverycache_tmp_ex9qk2"    when I look up the file it has a size of zero and is owned by www:www.   The server and php-fpm both run as www.  I have both var and cache set as chmod 1777 and both are owned by www:www.  I don't understand what is going wrong or why this occurs.  Please help.

The ads server files are all on a gluster disk so yes the permissions are all the same, and all the webservers and php-fpm are www for both owner and group, it's just a very odd random occurance, it only happens on login.  Maybe the new version just released solves this.  I will patch and update after.

Since upgrading to 4.02 I have not had the error.  Andrew, if it was a network problem, which I doubt why would the file be created with the correct permissions yet simply be empty it is very very odd and random.  I hope the 4.02 patch resolves it.

Hi @krispcbc,

No idea, maybe the network allowed the file to be cleared, but then didn't allow the new contents to be written.

It was just an idea to keep in mind, given that I've seen network mounted filesystems cause issues before, and we haven't had a lot of people screaming that there's something wrong with the release in this area otherwise.